• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New from Brittany, France

PatBig

Freshman Member
Hi, I recently retired in Brittany, France, near the city of Quimper where I was born a while ago. I share my time between rides across the countryside with my Healey 100M, no 3 on the WW registry, sailing and racing classic yachts, and fly fishing. I just bought a second classic car, a series 1 E-Type coupe, but currently the car stays inside until I solve some issues with the dealer I bought it from. In my previous life I lived several very enjoyable years in Portland OR, and travelled and worked across most of Europe. I like to learn and do things myself but I'm a better woodworker than mechanic, so I'll need some advice from time to time, thanks in advance.
Patrick

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF from your old city of Portland! You've come to the right place for assistance to maintain your Healey.

Sounds like your retirement is much smarter than mine where I am as busy as ever, and doing all kinds of volunteer stuff in the car culture.

When were you in Portland? Would I know your name? Were you active with the Austin-Healey Club of Oregon?

Can I come and visit you for some cross-country drives in a Healey in France and a little sailing?!? I speak usable French, especially after a few glasses of French wine.

OP
P

PatBig

Freshman Member
Hello, I was a member of the Oregon Healey club, at the time I was driving a green BJ7, I bought my 100M from Doug Auburg. You're welcome here for a few rides around the countryside, the roads are true "Healey roads" typically well maintained, lots of nice curves and hills, very scenic and few other cars if you stay away from the coast. 100m-goyen-3qAV-web.jpg
Patrick
Welcome to the BCF from your old city of Portland! You've come to the right place for assistance to maintain your Healey.

Sounds like your retirement is much smarter than mine where I am as busy as ever, and doing all kinds of volunteer stuff in the car culture.

When were you in Portland? Would I know your name? Were you active with the Austin-Healey Club of Oregon?

Can I come and visit you for some cross-country drives in a Healey in France and a little sailing?!? I speak usable Frevery fnch, especially after a few glasses of French wine.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Hello, I was a member of the Oregon Healey club, at the time I was driving a green BJ7, I bought my 100M from Doug Auburg. You're welcome here for a few rides around the countryside, the roads are true "Healey roads" typically well maintained, lots of nice curves and hills, very scenic and few other cars if you stay away from the coast.
Patrick

Thanks Patrick. My proposed visit was, alas, just wishful thinking. In any case, I suspect that you chosen a wonderful retirement location.

Bonne chance et bons jeux!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Welcome. You haven chosen wisely. This is well run, informed and friendly forum.