• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New [old LBC guy] Member

Bob Doughty

Freshman Member
Hi - I just joined the British Car Forum. I have been an owner of a 1966 Austin Healey 3000 since 1968. I am a current member of the Austin Healey Club of American and have been so since the 70's. I guess that makes me an old LBC owner. I do all the maintenance on my car and have since the beginning. It is not on the road right now, but I am hopeful for next Summer. Current project is a 60s Rally inspired engine. I have installed triple SU HD8 carbs, a Denis Welch Motorsports rally cam, it is bored 0.060" over and the head is milled 0.065". I have a set of "American" style headers on it with 3" collector cans. (Those I have run previously and they are extremely LOUD!)

I am in the process of detailing the front suspension parts and painting the engine compartment. Then the engine and transmission will be re-installed. I have removed all of the fenders (wings) and the doors. I plan to paint all the parts off the car. I will then re-assemble and color sand and buff the RED clear coat. Still have lots of work to do, but hopefully this Winter the weather will not be too bad so that I can work in the garage. I do have heat, but I don't think I can safely paint under any circumstances with the heat is service.

Please wish me luck. I am shooting for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, British Car Days show next July.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Bob! You've come to the right place. Let me be the first to wish you luck in your planned work this winter.

Don't forget to put the 2018 Conclave on your event list for next year. It will be in French Lick, Indiana, July 15-20. That's only 460 Healey-miles from Monaca - a nice one-day cruise!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad to have you aboard Bob! Be sure to jump in to the Austin Healey forum here - very active (and they like pictures!)

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Welcome. Best forum in the land of the WWW.