• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My "new" '53 AH 100

BobAH100

Freshman Member
Country flag
Greetings to all fellow Austin-Healey and other British car enthusiasts. I've just restored, painted (Spruce Green) and mostly sorted an early, body #237 Austin-Healey 100, complete with late BJ8 front disc brakes and beefier spindles/stub axles, upgraded wiring, alternator, negative ground, modern Facet fuel pump, Toyota 5-speed, and other relatively stealth mods. My mission here: Create a standard-looking 100 that can be driven with less chance of an unscheduled stop by the side of the road.

My next upgrade: Replace the standard, crack-prone AH 100 iron cylinder head with a Moss/DW alloy head with heavy-duty studs and a multilayer heavy-duty head gasket. Standard torque specs for the head studs are 75 lbs ft. Wondering whether the alloy head with stronger studs uses the same specs (and whether the specs for the rocker-shaft pedestals are also to standard specs with an alloy head).

Look forward to asking more questions and actually answering a few based on my experience with this and my earlier Austin-Healey BN6 100-6!

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Bob,

We look forward to photos of your AH 100, and updates of your progress. If you have not already, stop in to the AH forum here where specific discussions on the marque are always welcome. And some evening join the crowd at the Pub for some lively discussion. Sometimes it is even edifying.

Enjoy the Ride!

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Bob! You've come to the right place (although this forum is just for checking in and saying hi - you'll want to post questions about your 100 in the AH Forum).

Post some pics when you get a chance (GREAT color choice, by the way), and good luck.