• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Maybach, anyone?

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Those big wheels and rubber band tires are ridiculous. Throws of the style completely.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I agree with Darwin, it would look better with standard wheels and tires, other than that though it is a cool looking automobile.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"at 6 metres it's not getting in my garage - ever."

That is a long car, a sight longer than my Caddy which is pretty long by today's standards.

Country flag
Um.....no.....thank you??

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Naysayers notwithstanding- I love it!

Not naysaying here - I love the lines too - just wish it were slightly better proportion - that said it doesn't really matter. I will only ever look longingly through the fence.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Not naysaying here - I love the lines too - just wish it were slightly better proportion - that said it doesn't really matter. I will only ever look longingly through the fence.
One thing for sure, it would never be mistaken for a Ford Contour!

Country flag
Maybach-Zeppelin-DS8-06.jpg This one please, very much..... :smile:

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I think it is wonderful that a handful of car makers are making "crazy" cars. When we go to car shows, or talk about beautiful cars of yore, it is the Bugattis and the Maybachs that generate the conversation. I don't like them all, but respect the work that went into them.

On a similar vein are hot rods, and the modified cars at the Woodward Cruise. Not my thing, but the folks who make them are incredibly talented. There was a great article on low riders in the recent issue of Automobile magazine. A wonderful read that I did not expect to like - but thoroughly enjoyed.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I'll take two, thank you. Of Pete's not this dog

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Chip Foose meets Chris-Craft, and Benz went and badged it... :smirk:

...and what's with th' faux fibreoptic stuff in the console?!?

Obviously, I've outlived my usefulness.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Chip Foose meets Chris-Craft, and Benz went and badged it... :smirk:

...and what's with th' faux fibreoptic stuff in the console?!?

Obviously, I've outlived my usefulness.

Kinda reminds me of what this guy might drive up in:

jim-carrey-the-mask.jpg

catfood

Jedi Knight
Looks like they are going for the superyacht look. I suspect the turning circle is similar. Don't think it would work well on UK roads so I won't be ordering one!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Looks like they are going for the superyacht look. I suspect the turning circle is similar. Don't think it would work well on UK roads so I won't be ordering one!

Yup, Steve, you got it. Likely a turning radius equal to the Queen Mary.