• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Dark Tower

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
We saw The Dark Tower movie today. I now know how they packed 9 books into 90 minutes. They jacked up the title, the three main characters and basically wrote a Readers Digest really, really condensed book story.
Fortunately it has been so long since i read the books it really didn't bother me all that much. We both enjoyed it. My choice for the Gunslinger would have been Sam Elliot but you can't win them all.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sam is getting a little old. I saw the previews and really have no interest in watching it, I didn't think it looked bad but it just didn't do anything for me. My ex-wife talked me into reading the books a few years back and the first three were okay and then they got bad and weird. I guess the books really didn't do anything for me either.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm assuming this relates to the Hobbit books?

OP
Bob McElwee

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
It was a series of 8 novels written between 1982 - 2004 by Steven King. There was a long break in the middle caused when King was injured, i think by a car hitting him when he out for a walk. According to Wikipedia the Hobbit books were an influence, among others. When i saw the dates i understood why my memory was so fuzzy.
Walt, i agree Sam Elliot is a little old but he just fit my image of the gunslinger. King said Clint Eastwood was his 'model'. The movie didn't have much of the weird stuff in it. I had troubel with the weird stuff in the ones in the middle too.