• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Almost $8 for shipping? Outrageous.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No problem....
Go ahead and get one, I'll pay for the shipping :smile:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I still think the crazy high prices on a few Amazon items are just ways to transfer money "under the table".

Wonder what's in that backpack ...

TM

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I ordered a part for one of my tractors from Ohio, the price of the part was under $10.00, they wanted $21.00 to ship it! I called the company to get a heads up on the shipping and found out that the listed shipping price was wrong and paid $7.00. Kinda curious how this happened without the knowledge of the company?? :rolleyes2: PJ

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Computer Error?

David

That was my first thought after I spoke with the co. But then again, computers are never wrong, just like the internet.:highly_amused: PJ

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Try ordering stuff internationally. I accidently paid $17 to have a $5 o-ring mailed from the US. Most American companies seem to really go out of their way to avoid international sales.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Try ordering stuff internationally. I accidently paid $17 to have a $5 o-ring mailed from the US. Most American companies seem to really go out of their way to avoid international sales.

Seems it works both ways, too. A small belt for my Sony turntable was $4.00. shipping from Old Blighty was $7.00... I ordered two just to assuage my pique. :smirk:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Seems it works both ways, too. A small belt for my Sony turntable was $4.00. shipping from Old Blighty was $7.00... I ordered two just to assuage my pique. :smirk:

My Pique is direct drive :whistle:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
smartarse.

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I recently replaced the steering bushing on my 7. Looked at Moss Motors. They wanted about $19 for the part, but what burned my backside was they also wanted nearly $8 to ship it to me. We're talking about a small piece of plastic. So I looked at VC. Theirs was closer to $15 for the part and $6 to ship. It was cheaper to buy and ship from overseas than right here in the US. Go figure.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I recently replaced the steering bushing on my 7. Looked at Moss Motors. They wanted about $19 for the part, but what burned my backside was they also wanted nearly $8 to ship it to me. We're talking about a small piece of plastic. So I looked at VC. Theirs was closer to $15 for the part and $6 to ship. It was cheaper to buy and ship from overseas than right here in the US. Go figure.

That is maddening when you have to pay ridiculous shipping for some small inexpensive part. By the way - where have you been hiding?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
It is frustrating for sure. But every company makes its own decisions on how much to charge for shipping. Have to pay someone (or something!) to put the item in the box and slap the address label on it.

$

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I finally broke down and joined Amazon Prime. Admittedly I order a lot of products on line and have a keen sense/ability for reading the description. I order on line because I hate going from store to store, don't want to research/search for the product and I guess you can say I'm pretty much lazy. Having confessed I can't remember when I've paid for shipping. Always use free shipping and I'm doing the happy dance.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I finally broke down and joined Amazon Prime. Admittedly I order a lot of products on line and have a keen sense/ability for reading the description. I order on line because I hate going from store to store, don't want to research/search for the product and I guess you can say I'm pretty much lazy. Having confessed I can't remember when I've paid for shipping. Always use free shipping and I'm doing the happy dance.

I had to do a double take on who was writing this post, at first I thought my wife was writing it. Once I thought she was secretly buying stock in Amazon. Sure keeps her happy and she does get some good buys at times. She doesn't pay shipping either, she actually refuses to buy a product if it isn't on prime and she has to pay shipping! :highly_amused: PJ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm an Amazon prime member, and enjoy not paying shipping on many things. I often get frustrated with the costs of shipping small parts across the country, much less internationally.