• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A What is this?

HighAltitudeTR3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
It's a long shot, but I'm hoping someone might be able to identify what this is. The pictures are terrible, because I couldn't get my iPhone to focus.

Here is the story: I lost oil pressure recently, not all of it, but most, suddenly. After googling what could be causing it, I finally decided just to start checking everything. It just so happens the Pressure Relief Valve is listed before the oil pump in my manua. And with only one bolt to replace I figured I would start there. Low and behold, I found this spec of non magnetic metal. I believe it's aluminum. The metal was preventing the ball bearing from making a seal, there for not building enough pressure. I removed it and I'm relieved to hear the engine running great with full oil pressure.

of course, now the question is where did it come from??

IMG_9982.jpgIMG_9991.jpgIMG_9986.jpgIMG_9983.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9990.jpg
    IMG_9990.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 47

doc50

Jedi Trainee
Same thing happened to me. After a hard drive, saw zero OP till I found the piece of aluminum in the spring/ball system.
Don't worry so much, put it back together, monitor your oil pressure.... and drive it!
Thom
1959 TR3 #TS 34909L(O)

OP
HighAltitudeTR3

HighAltitudeTR3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Well, at least I know first place to check from now on!! :smile:
At least it's aluminum and not hardened steel.