• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A Desert TR

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Many of you visit other forums and are aware that a very respected member of our community, Jim Phillips passed away recently. His forum name was Desert TR and he was a wealth of information who shared what he learned during the restoration of his 66 TR4a. As some of you know I had a shop fire that burned not only the shop, but all of the parts for 2 TR4as which had been restored along with AH and MGB items. Brian Leslie who is another forum member facilitated contact between me and Steve Philips, Jims brother. Steve wanted to pass Jims car on to someone who shared Jims love for these cars and Im now the proud caretaker of the 'Desert TR' as he called it. I couldn't be happier and hope to finish Jims TR to the level that he aspired.
Rut

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 98

ghawk16

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
That's great! Love that his car went to a fellow enthusiast.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Thanks guys...I really am overwhelmed after buying Jims car and can't wait to get it home to put the finishing touches on it. I hope to be a good steward and pass this TR along in better shape than I got it which will be very hard to do.
Rut

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Way to go Rut, always good to see another enthusiast get a car like that when it needs to be passed on.
We need to get together some time - I'm in Montevallo.
Have fun!