Thread: Anyone in Washington State North of Seattle?

Chats

Anyone in Washington State North of Seattle?

Good Morning,

Thanks to the help of this forum I have had my '59 running and have been enjoying driving it this summer. This is a survivor car that I inherited from a friend and not a restoration. My goals have been to just make it as reliable as I can and drive it. I do not have a lot of automotive experience but have really had fun learning as I go. When driving the TR it feels like the suspension is a bit stiff and the steering is hard to the right but easy to the left. In addition, I get a vibration in the rear end around 50 mph. I do not know if these things are normal handling for this car or if there are some other projects I can work on next.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows a good mechanic that could drive the car and give me ideas on things to fix. Or perhaps, meet me somewhere and take it for a spin to give me your opinion. I live about an hour north of Seattle on Camano Island and am not comfortable driving it to someone in the Seattle area. Nor do I own a truck and trailer anymore.

I appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Thanks!

Levon

Jedi Warrior
    Chats

Re: Anyone in Washington State North of Seattle?

Hello Levon

Good to hear that you are enjoying driving your TR.

I presume that you hit all the grease fittings on the car when you got it. There are a lot on the front suspension and steering. If the car has sat up for a long time a second round of greasing may be a good idea.
    What about the tires. How old are they? Maybe the rear wheels just need balancing.

David

Jedi Trainee
    Chats

Hi Levon.....I will come to your beautiful part of of North America....all you have to do is pay my air fare......lol.

Freshman Member
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by CI_TR3 View Post
    Good Morning,

Thanks to the help of this forum I have had my '59 running and have been enjoying driving it this summer. This is a survivor car that I inherited from a friend and not a restoration. My goals have been to just make it as reliable as I can and drive it. I do not have a lot of automotive experience but have really had fun learning as I go. When driving the TR it feels like the suspension is a bit stiff and the steering is hard to the right but easy to the left. In addition, I get a vibration in the rear end around 50 mph. I do not know if these things are normal handling for this car or if there are some other projects I can work on next.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows a good mechanic that could drive the car and give me ideas on things to fix. Or perhaps, meet me somewhere and take it for a spin to give me your opinion. I live about an hour north of Seattle on Camano Island and am not comfortable driving it to someone in the Seattle area. Nor do I own a truck and trailer anymore.

I appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Thanks!

Levon
    Levon,

I live on the island, down on Camano head area. I'm not the worlds most experienced wrench turner, but I've always been able to maintain and fix my cars. I have a 59 TR3 project car I have not dived into yet, so I have nothing to compare to in that way, but if you like I could come over and put a second pair of eyes on your car to see if there is anything that sticks out.

My car is a stalled basket case restoration with a blown motor, Being able to see a 59 survivor for comparison this close to home would be super helpful to me, so hopefully we can help each other out.

Shoot me an email, robertkisaacs@gmail.com ,and we can arrange to meet up.

Respectfully,

Rob

Chats

Thanks all!

DavidApp, after your post I started looking more closely at the front suspension and realized that it needs quite a bit of cleaning and greasing. I will start there. The tires were purchased and balanced a couple of years ago and are in great shape. I do not know much about the wire wheels but will try and get an idea if they need to be trued or not.

malbaby, thanks for the offer. I would rather head over your way. I was in Australia 20 years ago and had an incredible time. I will get back there one of these days.

Rob, thanks for the offer. I will shoot you an email.