• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

German Road Sign

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it's a schematic for a basic super-heterodyne receiver. Just need to measure the frequency of that blue "sign"-wave.

German sign.jpg

D

Deleted member 8987

No, not any version of super-het. However, it sure looks like the German version of a Spitfire wiring diagram to me. Including water/corrosion indicated by the wavy blue lines.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Being German (and driving an LBC), a little translation: this is a roadside map is for detours around the region, in case of heavy traffic. Specifically the Neckar Valley. The blue sign waves are the Neckar river. It's a windy day, apparently!

Having said this, I'm not sure I would remember this little map once stuck in traffic!! This sign happens to be right outside Heidelberg - instead of sitting in traffic, I would perhaps rather enjoy a libation (i.e. the famous Fass). Or, keeping things car-related, spend the day in nearby Hockenheim.

Here in Pittsburgh we have the "rings"... blue ring, green ring, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegheny_County_belt_system

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Have fond memories of navigating this nightmare in the 1980s. My dad met someone in the same lane as him going in the opposite direction. They were obviously local and use to that situation. You could go either way around the large center roundabout. Going from exit 5 to 6 you could go clockwise or counter clockwise. It could get very confusing.

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU

220px-Magicroundabout_hemel.svg.png
220px-Plough_roundabout_sign.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Funny you should post this sign for a round-about of round-abouts. I nearly did too! I've driven this one, and one that is considerably larger (and the larger one was easier).

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Had not thought about that part of London in a long time.
Last time I came around it I was driving a Morris Alegro that burnt almost as much oil as it did petrol/gas. Found that one of the pistons was missing a chunk. Got some rings, a single piston and rod assembly from a junk yard. Cleaned up the bores with a honing tool and it did another 25000 miles.

David