• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General Tech Image Hosting Service

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I've been trying Imgur at CJDs suggestion. Seems to work pretty good, but not quite as slick as PB used to be.

EDIT Oops, I take that back. Imgur won't work at all from my smart phone.

Also, maybe you missed it. Basil has removed the overall limit, so we can go back to putting smaller images directly on BCF. I think it will down sample if you upload a larger file, not sure about that.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Testing the Forum upload...

CooperSportmaster.JPG

Seems to work easily, though I prefer to embed (which can be done with a host) rather then use a thumbnail.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
FWIW I can see your upload.

Thumbnails are nice for those on slow links. Probably less of a concern these days, but some hot spots are overloaded.

But it is nice sometimes to have the photo inline.

PS According to my phone, your full image is only 550 x 550. Does that match?

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Trying something.

CooperSportmaster.JPG

After the photo appears in your post...double click on it. A window will appear where you can then select a box that says "full size"...click it then submit your reply.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
It's kinda sad. I've been doing a lot of searches loooking for final detail pictures on the TR2, and Many, many of the old posts come up with the PB bad luck speedo instead of a picture. Over a decade of picture data has been lost to the forums!

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
What irks me is if they don't allow what they call "3rd party hosting", why did they provide the IMG link for posting the image on Forums in the first place ?...They even say that's what the IMG link is for.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
They do allow it, they just want to be paid for it. Someone finally noticed that their business model doesn't work (no advertising shown) when using PB as a 3rd party host. Their implementation seems like a decision that was made in haste, but I can see their point of view.

Probably should get your photos back, if you don't have local copies already. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a death throe.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
It's kinda sad. I've been doing a lot of searches loooking for final detail pictures on the TR2, and Many, many of the old posts come up with the PB bad luck speedo instead of a picture. Over a decade of picture data has been lost to the forums!
I don't know if this is helpful; but if you are desperate enough ...

Left click on the "Please update your account" image and choose "Copy Image Location" (exact title probably depends on your browser, but they should all have the function). Open a copy of Notepad or your favorite text editor, and paste the link there. You should see something like
Code:
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/Ahwahnee18/TR4/CommissionOriginal.jpg

After the first two slashes, change the 'i' to an 's'. Change "albums/cc499" (obviously the number will vary) to "user". The next field is the user's name, "Ahwahnee18" in this case. Immediately after that, insert "/library". Then delete the file name at the end. The result should look like
Code:
https://s1214.photobucket.com/user/Ahwahnee18/library/TR4

If you then copy that string into your browser's address bar, it should lead you to the library that contains the originally posted photo.

(Geo, I hope you don't mind being my example.)