• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sweety Nasty

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I agree it has been very well done, I particularly like the 100/8 badge! Unfortunately it was an expensive engineering exercise and it will be difficult to sell at that price simply because it is no longer an Austin Healey.

simon1966

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Wow, it is rather gorgeous. I was wondering the other day how often nasty boy type cars come onto the market and what their values would be? I hate seeing cars with new bulges or protrusions through the hood, so if I was to ever go down that route it would have to be for a car like this one.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
With rare exceptions, nasty boys probably sell from 1/2 to 2/3 the price of a stock restored model. Some of the professionally done ones are best compared to the hot rod/street rod market where they can bring big money at an auction if they catch the eye of the right buyer. On the low end of the scale, you can probably pick one up for about $5k if it was a really shoddy job done back in the day. They appeal to a rather small market and face stiff competition from kit Cobras for someone who wants a V8 in a small British car. I think the days of big fender flares and holes in the hood are, for the most part, past as the newer builds seem to trend toward keeping the exterior looking stock while modifying the driveline and suspension. One of the problems with increasing horsepower is getting enough tire on the rear to harness it. The old way was to flare the rear fenders to fit wider wheels, but some of the new cars like the one posted here, widen the whole fender making a smoother appearance.

Country flag
Why '3000 Leather?'

Be interesting to see what it goes for. I'd be surprised if they got much more than $50K USD. My (casual) following of the auction shows indicates the hotrod/restomod mania has cooled somewhat.

Country flag
I wonder if it didn't sell or he sold it outside of eBay?

Me too. IIRC, eBay notes 'Seller has removed this listing,' or similar, when the seller does this (or otherwise cancels the listing). This listing expired on time, so I'm inclined to believe it just didn't sell. I've got no problem with Nasty Boys, but it seems to me the fun would be in building one yourself. For what this guy was asking, you can get some pretty good performance cars from the factory (Tesla S?).

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag