• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lunch With J-P

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Along with brides. Met up in Nashville at McNamara's Irish Pub. Nice food, nice ale, and even some British car chat, mixed with ~other~ conversation.

Great meeting Tori; hope the rest of your visit goes well.

J-P & Me.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's nice getting to meet other BCF members.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That's nice getting to meet other BCF members.

I hear stories like this all the time where BCF members get to meet F2F. Despite some of mine and BCFs weak points, it is nice to know how many Friends in real life are made though the forum. You would think that, being the owner of BCF, I'd have met a bunch of people. In 17 years, I've only personally met a handful of BCF members (Mickey being one, but it's been 10 years since I met him). Would love to meet more; maybe now that I'm retired we might be able to have some "meet ups" in different locations.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've had the pleasure of meeting four people who are members of BCF... all nice people!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Where's the Wives?

I've been fortunate to meet up with many members
in our travels around the US,& haven't had a bad experience yet.
I hope there's time to meet up with some,when we
drive the vehicles cross country,on our move to Virginia,but might have
to wait to do that when I fly back,& drive the GT to VA.(At least that's the plan).
Looks like we're going to have the movers haul the stuff for us.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Oh that ~other~ conversation! LOL How long you in that area JP?

Here until Tuesday, Tori is presenting at a conference starting tonight. We have been touristing it till today and while she works tomorrow I am off to the Lane museum. Oh and the wives were taking the pics. :smile:

have met a number from the forum - particularly at the 50th in Wisconsin. Always a nice feeling to put a face to a name (Though Mickey & I have connected before)

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Here until Tuesday, Tori is presenting at a conference starting tonight. We have been touristing it till today and while she works tomorrow I am off to the Lane museum. Oh and the wives were taking the pics. :smile:

have met a number from the forum - particularly at the 50th in Wisconsin. Always a nice feeling to put a face to a name (Though Mickey & I have connected before)

Don't know how much time you have, but Bowling Green, KY isn't terribly far north off Nashville. If you have a chance to pop up there you can visit the National Corvette Museum. It's worth a visit if you have the time.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I've suggested meetups before; still think it's a great idea. Maybe do regional meetups, and then virtual meetups of the meetups via Skype/Facetime...

As for meeting other BCF'ers, lessee: Basil, J-P, Doc, Doug (AngliaGT), Steve (catfood), Steve (Moderator), Peter (Silverghost), Tony Barnhill, Reid, Dale (Tinster), TR6Bill, Tom (Nutmeg), Ray (Whitephrog), Bill Powell, Don (DonBMW), Mike (mxp01), Rick Ingram, Dale (DART), Bob (bob67gt), DanB, and maybe a couple others who've slipped my mind. Definitely fun to hook up in person!

And yes, Doug, the wives do exist. Camera-shy. But here's one of Janet and me from a ~few~ years ago:

JANETME.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Love that photo, Bro!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Love that photo, Bro!

Thanks - one of my favorites. It was taken in January, '72, just a couple weeks after we got engaged. Just wish it was a bit larger and had better definition. May have to have it tweaked one of these days.

That's my mighty '63 VW; many good times in that old Bug!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
And may I say that's exactly what Janet looked like on Sunday! (Mickey not so much) :grin:

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yeah, well, how come sour cream is such a big deal???

Can't you feel the love in this place?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Wow... :shocked: