• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member with Zenith Stromberg problems.

Chirs C

Freshman Member
New member. I kinda wish there there were a catagory for Zenith Strombergs. My current problem could be applied to any car with ZS's.

I'm almost ready to finally get my '76 TR-6 smogged. (california, not exempt) It's got rebuilt 175CD-2SEVX carbs. The problem is it won't re-star after it is warmed up. It starts just fine if I let it sit over night. Any ideas ?

dklawson

Yoda
Will it restart if you hit the carbs with a shot of starter fluid?

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I would make sure the temperature compensators are opening; and try setting the needles full lean.

Its common for TRs to have trouble with hot starting in hot weather, seems to mostly be the effect of heat rising from the exhaust manifold getting the carbs so hot that our magic fuel boils a bit in the carb jets and pushes fuel out into the intake. Adding a heat shield between carbs and exhaust made a big difference on my tr3 (but didn't completely solve the problem).

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
First off, welcome! glad you are here and there is a ton of advice. Second, you might want to repost this in the Triumph section. This part of the forum is really just for introductions so you will get much more exposure there. Besides, if there is anything Triumph owners are good at it is cars that won't start! :devilgrin:

Third, I suspect it is not a carb problem but a fuel/heat problem. Does the car quit when hot or will it just not re-start?

Finally, I do have a ZS Manual in PDF form - PM me your email and I will pass it on.

welcome again - and glad you are here!

OP
C

Chirs C

Freshman Member
Thanks Guys.
I'm gonna put a heat shield on it. Hope that helps. It might also be vapore locking because of the way I've re-reouted the fuel lines. I've got the Haynes ZS book. It's doesn't have as much info as I hoped, and I've found as much info on line.