Thread: Lower fulcrum brackets

Chats

Lower fulcrum brackets

I picked up my frame from the shop after sandblasting and powder coating and really like the work they did. I want to have the lower fulcrum brackets powder coated as well, but I don't know if it will leave room for the poly bushings I plan on installing. The brackets came from TRF by way of Revington I believe and on two the studs are straight and parallel and on the other two they are not. Is this correct and should I powder coat?
    Thanks, Rut
    Rut, '60 Bugeye, '70 MGB, '62 TR4, '66 TR4a IRS, '67 TR4a IRS, '68 TR4a IRS, '72 TR6

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

Jedi Warrior
    Chats

Re: Lower fulcrum brackets

Rut, which lower fulcrum bracket are you referring to? Original p/n 139715, replaced by a two-stud p/n 148691? Or the lower wishbone, 307209, 307210?

In general, I would mask off any areas where a bushing will go. IMHO, bushings should be greased and ride against metal. (Even though the powder coated finish looks fantastic!)
    Mike
    66 TR4A

Chats

Mike,
    They are the extended 2 stud TR6 style and I spoke with Albert at TRF this morning. He's checking for 2 brackets with straight studs and he'll send them out once he locates them. I will mask off the threads and inside of the bracket where the bushings make contact just to make sure.
    Thanks, Rut
    Rut, '60 Bugeye, '70 MGB, '62 TR4, '66 TR4a IRS, '67 TR4a IRS, '68 TR4a IRS, '72 TR6

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

Jedi Warrior
    Chats

Good to hear. My studs were not quite parallel either, but there is enough slop in the assembly that the slight out of square did not affect assembly.
    Mike
    66 TR4A