• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP Flounder

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
"I can't believe I threw up in front of Dean Wormer."

"Face it, Kent. You threw up "on" Dean Wormer."

Farewell, Vir Cotto.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Animal House is one of those great movies, full of silly debauchery - yet I can watch it with my five year old (well, most of it, unfortunately there are a few scenes where we go and get more popcorn, and a few occasions where I have to hit the "mute" button).

Like Bugs Bunny in that sense.

RIP Flounder!

D-Day: Hey, quit your blubberin'. When I get through with this baby you won't even recognize it.
Otter: Flounder, you can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You (mute on :smile:)... you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it! Maybe we can help.
Flounder: [crying] That's easy for you to say! What am I going to tell Fred?
Otter: I'll tell you what. We'll tell Fred you were doing a great job taking care of his car, but you parked it out back last night and this morning... it was gone. We report it as stolen to the police. D-Day takes care of the wreck. Your brother's insurance company buys him a new car.
Flounder: Will that work?
Otter: Hey, it's gotta work better than the truth.
Bluto: [thrusting six-pack into Flounder's hands] My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Otter: Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med.
D-Day: [firing up blow-torch] There you go now, just leave everything to me.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
My favorite comedy. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Truth to tell, fraternity life at U Penn back in the '50s wasn't that far from the movie; in fact I read the book Animal House was based on by (I forgot the author's name) during his undergraduate days at Dartmouth. I once slept over night in a Dartmouth fraternity house - I had gone up to NH to see an ice race. At 3 am, the student whose bed I was in came busting in demanding to know what the F%$# I was doing in his bed. I explained someone had told me he had gone home for the weekend and that it was ok. Turned out he had a date at Skidmore College. He told me not to worry and took another bed. Ah college days.