Thread: Need N/A part

Jedi Trainee
    Chats

Need N/A part

What are people doing to replace air duct seals (moss 680-260 and 680-270 both N/A everywhere I looked)?
    Much Thanks
    Al

Jedi Warrior
    Chats

Re: Need N/A part

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/s...-air-duct-seal

That might help. Good timing on this, as I am (almost) approaching installing my dash!
    Mike
    66 TR4A

Jedi Trainee
    Chats

I don't see a reply I submitted to this so I'll repeat it.
    Check out this stuff called "Backer Rod" in 3/4" diameter. Cut a small channel down the length and fit it around the duct on the plenum side. A hot glue gun is ideal for attaching and holding the joint together. On the dash side, a gasket from thin rubber sheet should do the trick.
    I haven't done this yet, but this is my plan

Chats

I've replaced several and I buy my self adhesive wool felt and rubber weatherstrip on the internet...eBay, or do a search. The wool felt I use is rated at 7 I believe and the weatherstrip is 3/8" thick and 1" wide and I use weatherstrip adhesive to glue it to the outside and inside edge of the duct with at least 1/2" extended past the edge to form the seal. Iirc, the rubber is closed cell neoprene type.
    Rut
    Rut, '60 Bugeye, '70 MGB, '62 TR4, '66 TR4a IRS, '67 TR4a IRS, '68 TR4a IRS, '72 TR6

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon