• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Amphicar!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Baby Blue - on my way to church - no time for a pic and, on the road not in the water,

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
An owner once summed it up -
"It's a horrible car,& a horrible boat -
it does both things equally well!".

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
An owner once summed it up -
"It's a horrible car,& a horrible boat -
it does both things equally well!".

Indeed - I met another guy with one and he wouldn't drive it on the road - would trailer it to the water.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have only seen pictures - have never seen one in real life.

I'm actually a bit surprised by that boss, I can't say I have seen a lot (though they have half a dozen or more at Disney World for rides) but over the years I have probably seen at least half a dozen more - I guess I have never thought of them as that rare - though maybe it also has to do with geography. who knows.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
There was a restored one on the market the other day, might have been ebay, not sure, but asking $129,000! The cars never were worth a hoot brand new, just a novelty, a lot of guys called it a floating piece of junk! Where in the world would someone be expected to pay that much for one. They would have to be Crazy. :rolleyes2: PJ

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think that part of the allure of miorocars,& cars like these,
is that they're worth so much.When they were cheap,only the hard core guys-
("Reality Challanged"?) wanted/owned them.
To me,it's the same thing with 911s,etc.