Thread: Horn/turn signal rotate independently of the steering wheel.

Problems using the forum? Ask your question here. Find useful video tutorials in tutorial sub-forum Please post car-related questions in the appropriate car forum (e.g., Healey, Jaguar, MG...etc.)

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Horn/turn signal rotate independently of the steering wheel.

I've recently purchased a 1967 Austen Healey 3000 MKlll (The same as I had in collage). I can't make the horn/turn signals stay put while the wheel is turned. I've read that just tightening the "Olive" will fix this, however I've turned the brass nut a lot it seems and I'm afraid I'll break something if I keep tightening it. Do I need a new "Olive" or is there another way to solve this problem? This is very frustrating. Please help.

John F.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Re: Horn/turn signal rotate independently of the steering wheel.

Hi, John, and welcome to the Forum!

Ask your questions over on the Austin Healey side - http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/f...-Austin-Healey - as this section is for help with moving around the website. We've lots of Healey folks who'll be more than happy to offer advice.

Mickey
    "There are three kinds of men. One who learns by readin'. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on that electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers
    Mickey Richaud '73 MGB, '69 MGB GT/V6, Victor TF
    ------------------------------------------------------------