• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Austin Healey BJ8 - Greetings from Miami, Florida

Proctor

Freshman Member
Silver
Country flag
New member, Basil send me an email to introduce myself.

I am a retired Coast Guard JAG officer living in Coral Gables, Florida. After retiring for the second time last summer as a judge, I thought it was time to restore a BJ8 I bought in the early 90's.

H-BJ8-L /41960 built according to BMIHT 28-29 June 1967. The car was in pieces located in Scranton, PA and here in Miami.

The car is principally being restored by British Restoration Corp. in Philly. However, with an engineering background I do want to do some work on the car and am missing some steering and front suspension parts.

Would like recommendations on best place to obtain missing pieces and interior pieces with recommendations on leather vs. Ambla (the original interior). Car was originally Ivory White with Red interior. Plan have it painted Healey Blue over White with Blue interior.

Would also be interested in starting an Austin Healey Club or British Car Club in Southern Florida. I also own a 1956 MGA.

Godspeed,

Proctor

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome Proctor,

Thank you for your service.

It sounds like you have things flowing well on your AH project. You should be sure to drop in on the AH page here on the BCF to get the answers you need, and be sure to add some photos of your two Little British Cars. We always love pictures.

Enjoy the ride!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome aboard! We have a very active AH forum here - be sore to post all your technical questions there and I'm sure you;ll get some good responses.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF Proctor! You've come to the right place. There used to be an Austin-Healey club centered in Miami, but that was decades ago. If you PM me your email address I'll get you in touch with the "VP, Club Support" of the Austin-Healey Club of America (AHCA), Bruce Gearns. Bruce can assist you with forming chapter of the national club.

If you prefer to go the "all-British route," he can help with that just the same. The club has a chapter in Nebraska that admits all British cars, yet is a chapter of the AHCA with the insurance and other benefits of affiliation with a national marque club.

Good luck.