• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB New additions

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Decided to get Herself's MGB back into the rotation, put the radiator in last month, made the console over the last few days.

The aluminium radiator from Moss, fit well after a bit of fettling. Added a thermal switch to turn the electric fan on at 190°F along with a "manual over-ride" as the first switch to the left on the console. Got the voltmeter and a clock from Nisonger. The middle switch changes the horn push reaction from the standard horns to air horns, and the last one turns on under-dash courtesy lights independent of the ignition or lighting circuit. Added also a "relay bank" on the right inner wing under the bonnet, forward of the fuses.

console1.jpgradiator1.jpg

Good therapy sessions!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice work, Bubba!

You said you made the console. Nice design. Aluminum? Got other pictures?

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks, Bro.

Made from aluminum sheet, used some thin plywood for the plate with instruments and switches with aluminum sheet laminated to it. The "wrinkle" didn't come out as well (tight) as the dashboard, tho. Saw a similar thing on a website years ago, been "fixin' to" copy it for a while. The sides and shifter covers are padded with closed-cell thin foam under vinyl upholstery material. Stainless Allen head screws secure it to top middle and lower brackets, stainless Phillips trim screws to hold it all together.

I borrowed Mitsy's camera this AM to take those, I can do more if ya wanna see th' thing in further detail.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
One more:

shifter1.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well done. Time to get back to driving that car.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looks good! Bring it by,so I can see it in person.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Doug said:
Looks good! Bring it by,so I can see it in person.

Still havin' a bit of trouble fixing the wings to the chassis, Doug.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Doc, that's a very nice console, nice work! With your talent you ought to make more of them. :encouragement: PJ

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Paul said:
Doc, that's a very nice console, nice work! With your talent you ought to make more of them. :encouragement: PJ

I think one was enough, Paul. Gotta get cracking on the two Lotus cars now. Both have frame issues and I'm not getting any younger. :smirk:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have a lot of Lotus stuff (books,etc.) that I might be selling off.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Bumping this up for Jagguy to gander on.