• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Colorado Red Vinyl Interior

TodE

Jedi Hopeful
I have a 67 BJ-8 Mark III. The kick panels need to be replaced. Instead of buying the whole panel kit I was going to recover just the kick panels.
I know I will have a challenge trying to find a color close to the existing interior after 50 years of fading, wear and tear.
Has anybody had any luck matching the red which is closer to orange. If so what brand, color, stock number.
Thank you in advance.
Tod

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Both Ahead 4 Healeys and AH Spares in the UK sell just the kick panels and you can take advantage of the cheap price due to the good exchange rate right now .
And the colour . You will never match 50 yr old stuff with new , not going to happen .

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I have a 67 BJ-8 Mark III. The kick panels need to be replaced. Instead of buying the whole panel kit I was going to recover just the kick panels.
I know I will have a challenge trying to find a color close to the existing interior after 50 years of fading, wear and tear.
Has anybody had any luck matching the red which is closer to orange. If so what brand, color, stock number.
Thank you in advance.
Tod
There's a guy who deals in used interior pieces and it I can't think of who it is at the moment. Your best and only shot of matching 50 year old material.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Perhaps you could Google "vinyl upholstery material" and see what colors & patterns the various manufacturers offer and see what you get. You might get lucky.

Hangtown Healey

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Find a local person that does upholstery dyeing. If they are good like mine is, they will mix up an exact match on the spot and spray it on your material. Ask a used car lot.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
SEM makes vinyl dye and they have lots of colors , or you can pay for someone to match your current vinyl. I paid $70 for a match and painted my steering wheel (leather) to match the interior in my TR3. It is exact!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Colorado Red - is there a close approximation in rattle can? Austin Healey 4
B New Colorado Red/Signal Red Thread - Trying to get it right Austin Healey 0
richberman Colorado Red Color code anyone Austin Healey 6
bighealeysource Colorado Red paint codes ? Austin Healey 8
B Colorado Red and Black formulas needed! Austin Healey 0
H How Rare is the Black/Colorado Red Duotone Color? Austin Healey 3
Csarneson Bargain 3000 Mk1 in Colorado Austin Healey 1
StagByTriumph GT6 1968 GT6 for sale in Colorado Auto Parts Salvage - act fast Triumph 8
aeronca65t MGB-GT near Morrison, Colorado Spotted 4
aeronca65t MGB-GT MGB-GT for sale-Colorado MG 11
F Lone Tree Colorado Spotted 0
StagByTriumph NATC 2011 Breckenridge Colorado Triumph 23
gsalt57tr3 TR2/3/3A TR3 in Boulder Colorado Triumph 0
JRC Spitfire 1965 Spitfire Mk2 - Colorado Triumph 107
theleisure b210 in colorado springs for $300 Spridgets 16
T Empty trailer Colorado > Alabama - Late August Sunbeam (Rootes) 0
T Empty trailer Colorado > Alabama - Late August Austin Healey 0
T Empty trailer Colorado > Alabama - Late August Triumph 0
T MGB-GT Empty trailer Colorado > Alabama - Late August MG 0
StagByTriumph Wedge TR8 in Colorado on Craigs List Triumph 10
S Colorado Orange!!! Austin Healey 6
StagByTriumph Lots of Lotus's in Colorado Lotus 0
StagByTriumph Lots of "Spridgets!" :lol: in Colorado Spridgets 0
StagByTriumph Lots of MG's in Colorado MG 0
RTR52nd Relocated to Colorado MG 6
bcliff Colorado Traveller Up-date/New Car Other British Cars 1
swift6 Brit Bikes at the Colorado Conclave... British Motorbikes 3
MGA Steve Tiger for Sale in Colorado Sunbeam (Rootes) 0
Johnny Colorado Grey?? Austin Healey 19
bighly San Francisco to Colorado drive for oldest show Austin Healey 2
MGA Steve Colorado English Motoring Conclave MG 0
L Red Rubber Brake Grease Austin Healey 2
tr6nitjulius For Sale 4$ale: 3 Point Seat Belts Red Triumph Classifieds 0
dwpirkeyjr Red? Bue? Purple? Yellow? Poly Bushings Complete Set For 1979 MG midget 1500 Spridgets 6
J TR2/3/3A Red ignition light stays on Triumph 7
K TR2/3/3A Further question re TR3 red ignition light. Triumph 1
C Spitfire Red painted engine number Triumph 3
K TR2/3/3A Red ignition light stays on...car has alternator not generator. Triumph 17
K TR2/3/3A TR3 with alternator conversion... red light stays on and low voltage on the voltmeter gauge? Triumph 1
AngliaGT Red MG Spotted 0
K TR2/3/3A Girling red grease that used to come with brake cylinder rebuild kits? Triumph 7
TR6Canuck TR6 Wire spoke rims to fit Michelin Red Line Tires on TR6 Triumph 12
B TR6 Source for Carmine Red Triumph 4
boxofparts TR2/3/3A TR3 Spotted Petoskey Michigan Red and Wedgewood or Powder Blue Triumph 1
J For Sale For Sale - 2x TR6 seats in red vinyl - Best Offer! Triumph Classifieds 1
Leatherman Wanted Red and black TR2 / 3 front emblem Triumph Classifieds 6
J For Sale Early 70s TR6 seats in new red vinyl, with new tracks, $500 OBO Triumph Classifieds 0
WJKB-TR6 TR6 '73 Ignition [IGN] Red Light questions. Triumph 6
T 1993 xj v12 red hot catalytic converter Jaguar 6
C How best to restore red script on valve cover? Austin Healey 7