• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What are these braces for?

Country flag
Now that I am waiting on seats, I am going thru boxes of left over things. I have two sets of these braces. After thinking more about them I think they may be brake booster braces image.jpg. Anyone care make stab at it?
Marv

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Those are the braces (Moss: ""steady brackets") between your lower outer grille mounts and the bottom of the wheelwell splash panels. See item 15, Moss catalog section: "Inner Body Panels 100-6, 3000"

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Marv, they are "steady brackets" for the wheelwell splash panels.

D

Duane_Rhynard

They look like they've been in an accident. During my restoration I straightened mine...mistake! See if someone will post a photo on how they are shaped.

My originals powder coated:
brackets34.jpg

Picture from AH Spares Website:
brackets44.JPG

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm with Bob Spidell. Top radiator supports, 100 BN 1 & 2. Obviously the sixes used a similar part as described.

Last edited:
D

Duane_Rhynard

Bob,

It is interesting that the brackets look so similar. It looks like the ones on your BN2 are significantly thicker gauge metal than the ones for the splash panels on the sixes. My splash panels brackets are only about a 1/16" thick with the powder coating.

A question for you, on your BN2 spare tire strap system, which type bracket do you have, the first or the second? (See picture below)

Thanks!
Duane

P5150004 (2).jpg

TimK

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
The top one is also original on my 1960 BN7