• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New MG

D

Deleted member 8987

It's a very nice MG but does it have the soul of the old cars, that you lovingly push out of the garage before setting off on an adventure.

That you push out because reverse doesn't work or because the only way to jump it is to push it out first.....

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
That is a nice car.
but at $80k quid it may be a tough sell, ( even with custom mod's. & updated steering, suspension & 305 bhp & six speed tranny.)
I think the MG B market is more of a beer budget bunch than a champagne bunch.

Last edited:

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Wow. Couldn't imagine paying nearly six-figures in dollars for an MGB. It may be too perfect...almost antiseptic in its quality. If they let me have one as a demo for a year, I will give them very thorough feedback on how it compares to the genuine article.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Nope it's not a real MG I think to much too.
Miata is more bang for your buck and a closer cousin .

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
I did that (got a brand new Mini body) back in 1978- I had a very rusty '63 Mini 850 and had a friend import a complete Mini Pickup body and tail gate for $1700 complete!
It was cool to just assemble the sedan parts into the new body and have a "new" truck!
BillM