• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

10 Questionable DIY Automotive Ideas From the 1950s

number6

Jedi Trainee
Reading this brought back a memory. I believe in the 50's someone printed a book on how to cook a complete meal on the car engine manifold.
If memory serves, recipes were included. Take a long drive and have a hot meal ready when you arrive.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Wild! Didn't know of this car.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
This thread reminds me of >> Louis Mattar's Fabulous Car << which I saw on a trip to San Diego last year

It's good to see someone realize their dream!

Re the manifold cooking - you can still get cookers for your Model T at Snyder's. Also, I'm sure I've seen a small aftermarket manifold "oven" for Model A's in some museum somewhere. We cooked potatoes once - interesting exercise but no difference in taste.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Wild! Didn't know of this car.

Here's a picture of that car I took while on a business trip to San Diego.
Mater.jpg

Matter 1-2.jpg

Matter 1-5.jpg

Matter 1-11.jpg

Matter 1-14.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Referring to the above pictures - what's a car worth that does't have a Hooka Pipe built in! LOL

wkilleffer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My brothers and I used to joke around about how great it would be to have a 12-volt skillet so we could fry bacon and sausage on the go in the car. The humor stemmed from just how foul the car's interior would become after doing that for a period of time.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Texan, bragging about how big his ranch was: "My car takes 3 hours to go the length of my property".
Louie, from the Bronx "I had a car like that once."