• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Last man to walk on the moon

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I watched a bio of him on the news last evening. They mentioned that before he left the surface of the moon he drew his daughters initials in the moon dust. Sorry to learn of his passing.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Last night we watched most of The Last Man on the Moon, featuring Gene Cernan, on Netflix. Still have about 25 minutes to go. My 4-year old loves it - and wants to go to space.

On the eve of his first flight to the moon, Gene wrote a letter to his ~5 year old daughter, saying to the effect of, "when you read this, you can look out the window and I will be halfway to the moon. Don't worry about me, I look forward to camping and doing all sorts of fun things when I return." When he returned to his family after the mission, his daughter calmly said, "Welcome back. Let's go camping!"

(I know the words aren't quite right, but the gist was Gene was well aware of the danger - and his daughter blissfully unaware. Being a father, it rang home!)

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Last night we watched most of The Last Man on the Moon, featuring Gene Cernan, on Netflix. Still have about 25 minutes to go. My 4-year old loves it - and wants to go to space.

On the eve of his first flight to the moon, Gene wrote a letter to his ~5 year old daughter, saying to the effect of, "when you read this, you can look out the window and I will be halfway to the moon. Don't worry about me, I look forward to camping and doing all sorts of fun things when I return." When he returned to his family after the mission, his daughter calmly said, "Welcome back. Let's go camping!"

(I know the words aren't quite right, but the gist was Gene was well aware of the danger - and his daughter blissfully unaware. Being a father, it rang home!)

I watched that on NF some time ago. Might watch it again!