• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Can you duplicate this?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So boss, I have had an interesting experience with the reply feature which I will try to duplicate here - to see if you can duplicate it also. I use a Lenovo laptop with a touch pad. See the next post (with quote) for my experience.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So boss, I have had an interesting experience with the reply feature which I will try to duplicate here - to see if you can duplicate it also. I use a Lenovo laptop with a touch pad. See the next post (with quote) for my experience.
< if I start typing with the curser right at the quote (where the arrow is) all is fine.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

<ifIstartwiththecurserhere(notbehindthequote)IloosetheabilitytousespaceseventhoughIhitthespacebar. Interestingly, if I use backspace the spacebar works again.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Can you do this too?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I'm not having that issue, so sounds like some sort of OS issue on your end. Have you tried other browsers of your computer?

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
weird - no, I only use chrome - not a problem, just a curiousity - thanks for checking!

cheers! :cheers:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I have experienced that also. When it happens, it is in the quick reply box. If I switch to advanced, I get the use of the space bar back. It has happened to me on other forums that use Vbulletin. I'm using Chrome with Linux.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
weird - no, I only use chrome - not a problem, just a curiousity - thanks for checking!

cheers! :cheers:

JP it seems, based on this thread on the vBulletin site, to be an issue unique to a recent version of >> Chrome <<
Notice in post #38 one of the developers suggests that pressing the Enter key first should restore the space bar function for Chrome users. There are others in that discussion who seem to be trying to determine some fixes - I'll keep an eye on it. The version of VB I use (4.x.x) is not under current development as it is not the latest version so it's doubtful any "official" fix will be implemented any time soon.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP it seems, based on this thread on the vBulletin site, to be an issue unique to a recent version of >> Chrome <<
Notice in post #38 one of the developers suggests that pressing the Enter key first should restore the space bar function for Chrome users. There are others in that discussion who seem to be trying to determine some fixes - I'll keep an eye on it. The version of VB I use (4.x.x) is not under current development as it is not the latest version so it's doubtful any "official" fix will be implemented any time soon.

Fascinating - thanks for doing this - amazing this interweb world. And be assured I am not loosing sleep over any of this - more interested in the "glitch" aspect than anything else.