Thread: '57 Healey Jamaican 327...

Chats

'57 Healey Jamaican 327...

It's been a while,
    I've gotten a bunch of stuff done on the Jamaican, but it's just still barely operable after these few years now. The old double hump engine is running well, shifts well, clutch seems fine, brakes are shaping up, front shocks aren't much, but still just riding around at the airport.
    New location, moved to Tucson so much driving of the MGB has taken place while other projects molder, like this one. Remodeling the house is top priority though!
    Anyway, I put a choke cable on the carb, gas pedal and cable run, replaced some fuel lines, bypassed the regulator, replaced the oil pressure line, scraped the crud off of the temperature bulb to make the thermocouple sense for temp, replaced a rear tire with another ancient F78, and found the speedo works pretty accurately, used some gooey rope to mount the windows temporarily (better than duct tape), changed the oil and filter, and installed some seats. They aren't really mounted yet and I don't think there will be room for sliders, but they look good.
    I'm looking for an app to convert my videos, but for now some stills.
    Happy New Year
    Chris...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: '57 Healey Jamaican 327...

You've got a lot going on but I do believe you are enjoying yourself. I'll bet when you grab a hold of that big ole American shifter you know you got a hold of something. Just what on that car is Healey? Enjoy.
    About TV Shows-
    "...you really can't restore a car in 10 days. I don't want to watch a race where people have to restore it in a week. It's not going to drive, and those cars never work. In real life, it takes years to get it right. " Jay Leno.

Chats

Hey, man. That's Austin Healey 100-Six BN4L O 28007, dontcha' know! Yeah, a lot of fun.
    This is a follow on to a thread called, "The Accidental Healey" started a couple of years ago when I bought two Healey Jamaican's in a few months with the first thought to be a TR... Healey Rick features prominently.
    Chris...

Jedi Warrior
    Chats

The tunnel, hand brake, and steering column do look like Healey parts.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntflyr View Post
    Hey, man. That's Austin Healey 100-Six BN4L O 28007, dontcha' know! Yeah, a lot of fun.
    This is a follow on to a thread called, "The Accidental Healey" started a couple of years ago when I bought two Healey Jamaican's in a few months with the first thought to be a TR... Healey Rick features prominently.
    Chris...
    Don't rope me into this! I'd start looking at some of those Vintage Air ACs if you're planning on driving in AZ. Those new seats are really cool, very GT40ish. All the best to you in the new year!

Rick

Chats

I have a whole AC system from another car for it, that's for sure. The seats are allegedly RSR replicas but just cheap eBay stuff.
    Thanks Mr. Neville and to you and yours as well.
    Chris...
    P.S. I bought another little midget biplane...

Chats

That little Bipe is a cute one reminds me of the early Pitts home bilt kit.
    1966 Daimler V8 Saloon; Safely Fast, Built to Last & and; Smooth as Glass.
    1966 BJ8 [ 2 ] Lil Red & Miss bLU
    1985 XJ6 Saloon
    1948 & 70 Lincoln continentals
    1973 Volvo P1800ES

Chats

Close, Keoke. A Knight Twister, well before Curtis's Pitts, there was the Knight Twister. It's another home built, like my car! Vernon Payne designed it in 1929 and never stopped it's evolution until he passed in the 80's. Most were built in the 40's-60's and mine is a late comer from 1985. It's got all wood cantilever wings and tail, and no wires with a steel tube fuselage. A fun ship I'm sure as it weighs a 100 lbs less than my Pitts Special and will have so much less drag and it flew on much less power. Of course I want more, and plan a Lyc 360 with constant speed prop trying to make 250 mph top speed. There is another Lyc powered KT, a 320 with constant speed, it goes 200 mph at cruise and alleged to go 240 slightly downhill. It has a smaller wing but not as clean as mine will be. Here's my last Pitts Special, I'm thinking of a cowling and gear very similar to it for the KT.
    Chris...

Chats

Hi Healey Friends,
    I've got a few videos of the Jamaican. I can't figure out how to upload them with any clarity, it dumbs them down too far to be fun to view. There was a fella that wanted to buy it but he had a family event that kept him from following through late last year. The little airplane would've benefitted from that cash, but it keeps the Jamaican around. I just drive it around the airport, keep the tires pumped up and battery charged but haven't done anything else since last year, really.
    I've driven the MGB a bunch, the Tucson British Car Register is very active. My wife went on a couple of outings, drove her Jag on the Catalina Highway up to Mt. Lemmon and accompanied me to the Tucson Classic Car Show.
    The Knight Twister is coming along with new sheeting on it's wings, tail to come. I've got lots of catalogue parts circled for it, along with an engine and prop picked out.
    Happy Holidays everyone, hope all are enjoying their activities with cars, extra vehicles and families.
    Chris...

Chats

Happy Holidays to you also!
    John, BN4

Chats

Chris.?..:

U didn't put nuttin Healey in it!---

Happy holidays to U ALL 2
    1966 Daimler V8 Saloon; Safely Fast, Built to Last & and; Smooth as Glass.
    1966 BJ8 [ 2 ] Lil Red & Miss bLU
    1985 XJ6 Saloon
    1948 & 70 Lincoln continentals
    1973 Volvo P1800ES

Chats

Gorgeous MGB! Can't make out the door handle to see if it's a pull-handle or push-button, but I see by the lack of reverse lamps that it's 1966 (or very early '67) or earlier.

My first-ever sportscar was a '73 MGB that I bought new at age eighteen. Between then and October of 2000, I'd have owned some sixteen (16) MGBs & MGBGTs; I'll always have a soft spot for the sportscar I loved first!
    http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/image.php
    57 Healey BN6L-942 Wine Red/Honey Tan
    99 BMW M Rdstr Cosmos Black Eurosport Twinscrew Supercharger
    01 BMW M Rdstr Steel Gray Performance Center (factory) Delivery
    11 X5 35i Sport Deep Sea Blue Metallic Wife's Turbo Hauler

Hey Chris,

Happy Healeydays! Send me your videos and I'll put them on my YouTube channel and share them here. PM me if you've lost my email.

Rick