• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Up-dates

crash21

Country flag
Updates

Here's the latest on my 72 TR6 project.

Not a whole lot has changed as I have had some things I had to do to prepare for the work on the TR6.

I have taken inventory of all the boxes I have and have a lot of new parts that I didn't think I had at all.
I purchased repair panels for the back of the b-pillars. I fitted the doors and checked the gaps and all looks well there so I went ahead and removed all the body panels in prep for sending the body out for blasting.
I started learning to weld. So far yes i have been able to stick metal together that won't come apart, not pretty, but functional.

So here are some pics over the last few months.

Learning to weld on random bits.

And the last one is getting the shop up to par so I can have somewhere to work.

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
Re: Updates

Looks like a great project and you have a nice space to work in. Keep us updated on your progress.

Cheers
Tush

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Looks like mine when I started the resto on my '73 TR6. Keep at it, good things to follow!
If you are going to remove the body, remember to install a brace between the A and B pillars for support.

OP
C

crash21

Country flag

The plan.. Although I forgot to mention it in the first post.. is to replace the backs of the b pillars first while the body is still on the frame and bolted in place. Then I will weld in the brace and remove the body for blasting.
I expect to find more places that need to be repaired once it has been blasted. I'm not sure what the drivers floor will reveal as I have some perforation in the middle of the floor. With a light under the floor I can see several pinholes .
Also the car has had a new rear panel welded in place but the lower inner valance panel has several holes. . I think I will have to cut the welds and remove the rear panel and replace the lower panel.
The other thing I know I will have to work on is the car has taken a hit to the right rear.
In the one pic of the right side of the car you can see white paint just above the rear wheel where the undercoat is missing
That is an "oil can" dent. If I push it it pops out one way and if I push it again it just pops out the other way. I will have to shrink the metal a bit to remove the dent. Also in the trunk floor where it meets the inner fender there is a slight wrinkle and it has opened the weld.

Last edited: