• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A 67 TR4a restoration on hold

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Looks like I'm out of the Triumph business...
Rut

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 141

SASSAMON

Oh No!!

Fire is great for us humans until it turns on us.

Hope everyone is safe in your household.

Roger

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Rut, Sorry for you and the Family. I hope you will be able to get your lives' back together shortly. Best wishes and hope you Triumph.

Wayne

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hey, I've got a complete new interior with leather seats coming from John Skinner in a couple of days!
Rut

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Heartbreaking news and something we all worry or should worry about. Also hope that the family is OK as the other stuff will work out in time. Tom

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
We are blessed! Jo and I are ok and they should turn the power back on tomorrow. I've got a lot of decisions to make, but that's a quality problem! Got the kids coming for Thanksgiving and that will warm my heart...Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all!
Rut

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sorry for your loss, glad you and your family are fine.
This Thanksgiving will be the best.

Brinkerhoff

Jedi Knight
Sorry for your loss but its just stuff . Good news that nobody is hurt. I could fix you up with a TR4A too if you get in a pinch.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
:frown: Hate to hear this, Rut. Has the cause been determined? Reminds me to disconnect the batteries in the B's for the winter.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Sorry to see that!! Words can't quite express my sentiments. Yow.

Wishing you all the best going forward, and a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving with the family!

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I know it's tough right now, but when the cause has been determined, please give us the information so we might avoid the same fate. In the meantime, best of luck to you and your family.

Scot1966

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I'm glad you are all ok. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I've had 2 investigators on site and they are having difficulty pinpointing the source. What we do know is that there was a localized power outage and once the power came on there was a pop or small explosion and a box that contained seat foams, vinyl, and batting was burning like crazy. The fire was also located along the far end of the shop (opposite the garage door) and nothing is located there except a rolling toolbox, blast cabinet, 20 ton press, large drill press and a window fan...only the fan and drill press were plugged in. I also store my finished body parts, seats before covering, upholstery supplies (no glue), and hole saws, files, chisels, and very large drill bits...nothing I would consider flammable.
Rut

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
That just plain sucks!

Tush

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Oh, man, that's really heartbreaking. I hope there is some kind of resolution, but I know it will take some time. In something like this, you lose more than just some hardware. A piece of yourself goes with it.

KVH

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I've had 2 investigators on site and they are having difficulty pinpointing the source. Rut

I feel so bad for you. It's hard to imagine all the time invested, and all the planning. And all the time spent collecting tools and memories. Tell me, how do you even begin an insurance claim? Who remembers every drill, wrench, bit, grinder, polishing wheel, and on and on. I suppose it's easier than for a theft, but heartbreaking all the same.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I feel so bad for you. It's hard to imagine all the time invested, and all the planning. And all the time spent collecting tools and memories. Tell me, how do you even begin an insurance claim? Who remembers every drill, wrench, bit, grinder, polishing wheel, and on and on. I suppose it's easier than for a theft, but heartbreaking all the same.
Its a difficult process to remember every tool, car part, manual, and convienence in the shop, but since I sorted everything out in the last month I have a fair mental image. Since I'm writing this at 3:30 am it's obvious that it keeps me awake as new memories pop into my head. Tonight its a 1972 E Nardi steering wheel with hub that woke me up! I'm over 8 legal pad pages of tools and walking around Lowes with my phone camera helps jog my memory and gives me an idea of pricing. BTW, the store manager said to bring the list of tools I need to replace to him and they will forward it to their corporate office for deeper discounts than the Black Friday sales and not to worry about the time frame.
The car parts are another matter...I know what I had and just about everything was in renewed or restored condition, but many were extra parts like 8 Bugeye rear hubs, 6 axles, 4 wiper motors, etc. My insurance is for replacement value with no depreciation, but it pays me once I buy the new part and I doubt I'll buy 8 Bugeye rear hubs to go back on the shelf. I had 3 complete TR4a wooden dashes with all original instruments and controls, 1 stock refinished, 1 re veneered 'plain', and 1 was a very nice burl walnut all ready to install. I'll take a bath on 1 of those since I bought everything to make it 'perfect', but I'll only need 2!
Albert at TRF is running a list of all my purchases since my invoices were with the parts, Moss is online with my purchase history, Rimmer and Revington I have confirming emails, and I need to contact BPNW and Maxpeedingrods if I can't find those invoices, and eBay has a purchase history as well. Even writing this post helps me remember some of the parts.
Rut