• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mini Drone

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
It's only a matter of time before I finally lose it in a pool, tree or a roof I can't get onto. Still, it's fun while it lasts.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mark, promise me you'll never be the PIC (Pilot In Command) of anything bigger than that drone :scared:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
But if you need it crashed... I'm your man!

This is a very small done (about 8" square) and it's tricky to fly (especially if there is wind). Because you're not watching the camera live, when you turn around all the controls are sort of reversed! Still, I'm learning. :eek: Did you see me in blue for a second?

BTW, it does have some stabilization (if you can believe that). The second half is especially choppy due to excessive video processing on my part.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Here's an earlier low-res video (that I'd reduced for emailing). I backed into a Spruce tree about 30' up (on the side of our house)!

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And here was my very first outdoor flight. Low-res again because I figured I needed to do that for email (before I figured out to post them on YouTube). Yes, that's a flying pig on the roof. :cool:

Country flag
Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting squw-wils..
fudd.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Haven't been shot down yet... but I figure a bird-of-prey will get this thing.
Thankfully, I only have a 150' range, so I'm not TOO dangerous. :wink-new:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So,I take it Alaska Airlines hasn't gotten back to you
about that pilot's job you applied for?

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
No, but Frontier and Spirit have. LOL I've learned that I need to upgrade to something that is better as self-leveling (for more than $50 :rolleye: ).

Still, it's fun (and you can see how small it is on this one)...

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And in this one you can see me... as usual, ending in an out of range or wind out-of-control difficulty.
Have a newer one now (Syma X5SC) so I'm hoping to do MUCH better. We'll see.