• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Seatbelts

Bantamfan

Freshman Member
Country flag
I was going over my new to me 68 midget and
realised it has no seat belts. Looking the interior
over I do see three points which look to be anchor
points for the seat belts. 1 is in the sill at the seat base area the second
is on the centre tunnel at the seat base area and the third
is on the side panel just above the wheel arch.They all look t
be about 7/16 diameter thread size and appear to be a fine thread. Could
I use these to mount the retractable kit from moss?
I will try and post a picture or three to help explain.

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The rear mount is intended for and would have originally had a reel for the shoulder harness.

You might also try Seatbelt Planet. They have a lot more selection and options. Seat belt bolts are standard size and thread. Depending on the seat belt design, you want a shouldered bolt for some, and a fully threaded version for others.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I have the 3-point belts from Victoria British without the retracting reel. I'd say go for it with the retracting reel, the non-retracting ones are a bit of a pain to deal with and adjust. For me, it's fine, as I drive the car 99.9% of the time, but when I have passengers that vary from my 12 year old daughter to large adults, it takes a bit of finagling to get the passenger safe and comfortable. Still, I'd rather deal with the inconvenience of a three-point belt than eating the steering wheel in the event of an impact.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Resurrecting an old thread --

So, I'm finally reach the point where the non-retracting 3-point belts are just flat out annoying. Is there any issue with installing a later retractable 3-point belt into a '69 Sprite? I wouldn't think so as all the anchors are already there.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Resurrecting an old thread --

So, I'm finally reach the point where the non-retracting 3-point belts are just flat out annoying. Is there any issue with installing a later retractable 3-point belt into a '69 Sprite? I wouldn't think so as all the anchors are already there.

Can't imagine why not? especially for safety (and convenience)