• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What am I and what Terminal do I go to?

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Attached is a picture of a disconnected wire discovered in the Regulator Box. I checked the wire that comes off of the negative battery Post Wire and there is a connection to the regulator box coming off of the main battery Terminal to A. So where does this puppy go? Ideas Gentlemen?
IMG_2745.jpgIMG_2744.jpg

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Perhaps to E which shows going to Ground. Tested to Terminal E and E is not currently going to ground therefore I believe it should be to terminal E. Affirmations please.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
That Black Wire does go to Ground BTW.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Jim,
Attached is a picture of mine.
Rut

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 68

Dan Ka

Freshman Member
Country flag
Here's a diagram from Rick Astley's book "Classic British Car Electrical Systems".

IMG_20160629_0001_NEW.jpg

Dan
59 Sprite "Stashek"
AN5L/10918

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
That's the way I hooked it up. A few more wires to find homes for. Thanks guys. Bought a battery, I need to replace the helmet type battery cable. I can't figure out how you fasten down unless you drill the battery terminal for a screw to hold it in place.

nomad

Yoda
That is the way! The helmet original type end's actually work quite well and don't seem to corrode up as easily as the common clamp type we normally use. At least that has been my experience.

Kurt.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Kurt, so what type of screw is used. Brass or Stainkess steel machine screw? Size, length? Washer under the screw?

nomad

Yoda
Kurt, so what type of screw is used. Brass or Stainkess steel machine screw? Size, length? Washer under the screw?

On the car I still have them on I've been just wedging them on with no screw. That has worked for many thousands of miles. I think I would use a stainless screw if you don't want to try that.

Kurt.

nomad

Yoda
On the car I still have them on I've been just wedging them on with no screw. That has worked for many thousands of miles. I think I would use a stainless screw if you don't want to try that.

Kurt.

Not a machine screw. Lead is soft and a short pilot hole should be all that is needed for a short screw.

Kurt.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag