• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

One man one story. 72 years later

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
what's wrong with having a little fun on memorial day? It's a day of remembrance, absolutely, but also a good excuse to spend time with your families and good friends.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
In a similar vein: https://www.timesonline.com/news/lo...cle_a847e55a-2428-11e6-9402-4bb2be263863.html

We left that town to come to Florida in '81. Had no clue SEVEN of those brave guys had come from there.

hmmm - I click that link and get "you must be a subscriber to read this article".

Anyway, a Tuskegee Airman lived down the road from me. In 1945 he returned to the USA in a DC4 (Cargomaster). His first day back on American soil, he was still in uniform as he walked through the terminal. A woman came up to him and said "Boy - I'll give you a dollar to carry my luggage."

He knew what that meant. Gritted his teeth, carried the woman's suitcase, took the dollar - and kept the dollar as a "reminder" for the rest of his life. Put it on the wall of his office at University of Connecticut, where he eventually became Director of Personnel for the entire university.

So in many ways ... Lest We Forget.
TM

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
hmmm - I click that link and get "you must be a subscriber to read this article".

Anyway, a Tuskegee Airman lived down the road from me. In 1945 he returned to the USA in a DC4 (Cargomaster). His first day back on American soil, he was still in uniform as he walked through the terminal. A woman came up to him and said "Boy - I'll give you a dollar to carry my luggage."

He knew what that meant. Gritted his teeth, carried the woman's suitcase, took the dollar - and kept the dollar as a "reminder" for the rest of his life. Put it on the wall of his office at University of Connecticut, where he eventually became Director of Personnel for the entire university.

So in many ways ... Lest We Forget.
TM

Weird. I'm not a subscriber but I'm able to read it. However, I use Ghostery to block popups etc.