• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Seven years later

a40bob

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well, after nearly seven years of dragging my feet, the old saloon is at the paint shop. Phonepics 011.jpgHere are a few images selected from this time.Phonepics 021.jpgI never intended to go frame-off.Phonepics 154.jpgHere's the last pic before paint.Phonepics 215.jpgThe reassembly will be the fun part!:wink-new:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
gorgeous!

OP
a40bob

a40bob

Freshman Member
Country flag
This was a running car when I bought it, aside from the fuel tank, which I removed and had cleaned and coated, and I have not yet seen fit to dismantle anything that's operational. I am prepared to do cosmetic things like cleaning and detailing the frame and engine compartment, replacing the wiring harness, and making sure that all of the electrics work. With the limited driving I have done so far (about 15 miles) I have not encountered any trouble. Thanks for asking!

OP
a40bob

a40bob

Freshman Member
Country flag
I certainly would like to find a trim strip for below the rear window. Mine has a bit broken off. I suppose I could manage with one of the door trims, cutting and welding. My dome light lens is also damaged.

number6

Jedi Trainee
Try Woolies trim in the UK, they may have what you need.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I certainly would like to find a trim strip for below the rear window. Mine has a bit broken off. I suppose I could manage with one of the door trims, cutting and welding. My dome light lens is also damaged.

I might <might> be able to help you with that. I know a fellow (previously mentioned) who has a number of these in his back 40. I will likely be trying to connect with him this summer if you aren't in a hurry and send really really explicit instructions on what you need and how to remove it.

OP
a40bob

a40bob

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you very much for your response! The trim strip that I am after is a 6 foot long bit of stainless that goes on the outside of the car above the boot lid and below the rear window. It is held in place by 13 nuts that are revealed by removing the headlining around the rear window. If the studs break off during removal, no worries, I already have replacements. I am indeed not in a hurry; it has taken me 7 years to get to this point. Very kind of you to offer your help! I can certainly compensate you for your trouble; we can come to an agreement about that as we progress.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Thank you very much for your response! The trim strip that I am after is a 6 foot long bit of stainless that goes on the outside of the car above the boot lid and below the rear window. It is held in place by 13 nuts that are revealed by removing the headlining around the rear window. If the studs break off during removal, no worries, I already have replacements. I am indeed not in a hurry; it has taken me 7 years to get to this point. Very kind of you to offer your help! I can certainly compensate you for your trouble; we can come to an agreement about that as we progress.

let me see what I can do