• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Side view mirror logo projectors

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
I just came across these things when I read a magazine article on a new Mini model - I never knew they existed. The whole concept strikes me as worse than useless but I expect opinions will differ. Maybe the automotive equivalent of software bloat? This is one of those "features" I'd cut the wires on.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
To me,the same thing goes for the pop up nav/whatever/whatever screen
that every new car just seems to have.
I'd pay extra (if I was ever in the market for a newer vehicle) to delete this
kind of useless/distracting garbage.

- Doug

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I've seen ads for those "logo" lights, mostly for hot rod and custom cars. Seems like lots of folks have lots of "extra" money for options and bling these days.

How times have changed - on many cars of the 1950s, the sun visors and oil filters were options. And folks would hesitate to pay the extra $7.50 for either one!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I've seen ads for those "logo" lights, mostly for hot rod and custom cars. Seems like lots of folks have lots of "extra" money for options and bling these days.

How times have changed - on many cars of the 1950s, the sun visors and oil filters were options. And folks would hesitate to pay the extra $7.50 for either one!

And car heaters in Florida, along with other Southern states. If you didn't need it, why pay for it. Automatic transmissions, power brakes and power steering were also an option. Ah yes, the good old days. :rolleyes2:

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Gloves boxes , multi speed wipers , door handles ,trunk lid ,turn signal stalk, glass roll up windows,
really .. Wimps

then there's the of side of me every flipping option you can get on a ford fusion titanium

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We rented a Fusion a few years back - I had to get the manual out
to figure out the stereo & heater/AC.
My Wife's 2007 Fusion (4 cylinder/ 5 speed) is,on the other hand,
easy to use.It'll have 100,000 miles on it any day now.

- Doug