• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I finished my shop's website, take a look!

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
I'm very excited to announce that after a lot of work on my part, I've finally finished www.michaelsvintageracing.com! Please take a moment and check out the site on your desktop and/or mobile. I'd love to hear any and all feedback as I built the site myself and want to make it as good as it can be! Thanks in advance and I hope you enjoy looking around!

-Mike

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You did an excellent job Michael, I really like the website.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Very nice, Michael! Congrats. Lots of work to get a site up and running. As I'm kinda 'Lotus-centric' the 41 and the Mk-I Cortina tickled me.

Will you be bringing the Cortina to Sebring in March? We may be rollin' down there to spectate.

...I really miss our '65 Lotus Cortina. Goin' thru the pix of yours brought back some really fond recollections. Wish now I'd not let it go.

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Very nice job Michael!

You did an excellent job Michael, I really like the website.
Thank you both, it's a rewarding finish to a long process.
Very nice, Michael! Congrats. Lots of work to get a site up and running. As I'm kinda 'Lotus-centric' the 41 and the Mk-I Cortina tickled me.

Will you be bringing the Cortina to Sebring in March? We may be rollin' down there to spectate.

...I really miss our '65 Lotus Cortina. Goin' thru the pix of yours brought back some really fond recollections. Wish now I'd not let it go.
We won't have the Lotus Cortina at Sebring, but we are bringing the MkII GT with us. It'll be the car's second outing and we've made a number of improvements, so I'm excited for our customer to drive it!

I can sympathize about your Cortina as I unfortunately hear the "I wish I kept the ____" stories all too often, but hopefully the photos (and videos!) keep the good memories coming!

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wonder what's close
Va or Road Atlanta

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great videos! thanks

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Saw you first over on enfostuff but like it just as much here.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Works very well... fast and easy to navigate.

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Okay, so the editor is very hard to work with regarding menu buttons but I deleted them and made text instead. How does this compare to the original menu, layout-wise? I also slimmed down the upper bar some. This is a rough mock-up, so I can change fonts, font sizes, etc. still. Also, do I have to do anything to make it obvious these are clickable options or do anything to visually separate them at all?

Here's the current layout as an example. (The one above isn't live yet)

I added a few vertical bars and changed the font a bit. Thoughts?

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
The current layout intuitively leads one to 'click' on the topic button. The other examples aren't quite as clear, although the one with the verticle lines is a little better. A couple of points - don't overthink/overdesign it and regardless of what your final design is, someone will critize it. :fat:
I think you have done an excellent job and go ahead and put it in 'production' and see how it works.

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
The current layout intuitively leads one to 'click' on the topic button. The other examples aren't quite as clear, although the one with the verticle lines is a little better. A couple of points - don't overthink/overdesign it and regardless of what your final design is, someone will critize it. :fat:
I think you have done an excellent job and go ahead and put it in 'production' and see how it works.
I'm approaching it as I approach our drivers' cars: Start with a good base and continually improve! :smile: I did update the menu bar once more, as well as swapping the locations of two sections of the home page. I think it helped a little. I also made the menu options turn blue when you "float" the mouse over them, so that made the vertical dividers superfluous.

vickxxx

Nice website. No confusion navigating thru it making it very clear what you have to offer.
Well thought out and very pro. Love all the pix/history and videos. Congrats!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I like the idea of making the buttons turn blue under the mouse.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Neat thing you have going on there, I mean in addition to the website.

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Nice website. No confusion navigating thru it making it very clear what you have to offer.
Well thought out and very pro. Love all the pix/history and videos. Congrats!
Thanks, I'm glad it's easy to use!
I like the idea of making the buttons turn blue under the mouse.
Me too, I think it's a nice effect! It took a bit of creative thinking to get it to work with that style header, but I figured it out.
Nice job!
Thanks!