• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A Parts sources

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Good evening all. Being new to the Triumph forum in some regards I'm beginning to buy a few parts here and there. I'm familiar with Moss, VB, and TRF, but I'm starting to look at other options due to availability of different/better parts. I've used Moss, VB, and AH Spares (UK) for the majority of parts for my Bugeye and some of the same companies for my MGB, but I really don't know who else sells Triumph parts outside the US. Who have y'all purchased from outside the US?
Thanks, Rut

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I think I've used them all at one time or another (including some that are no longer with us like Start Your Engines).

In addition to what you name, British Parts Northwest is often worth a look: BPNW

Yeah, I see your looking for sources outside the U.S. -- not sure why. Revington and Rimmer Bros are probably the big names there.

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
I like the polite, competent folks at Rimmer Bros. when I'm looking for something that isn't readily available here. I ordered some 100% wool carpet that I really like. The extra cost plus shipping wasn't bad, maybe another $80.00. I'm also impressed by used "sheet metal" body parts and engine parts I've seen available at RB. And I like the idea of patronizing everyone at some point in time, though I doubt they need my little offerings.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
KVH, Rimmer was the only one carrying some of the parts needed to convert the Spitfire onto the GT6. Like rear shock conversion and lower rear trunnion bushings. Fast ship and if any dealer tries to charge you VAT, it's a rip off, that should not be there outside of the EU.

Wayne

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I make it a point to use all of the suppliers out there. I want them all to survive. One that I really like and don't see mentioned too often is Engel Imports (https://www.englishparts.com/). Searching for some items, you may find they may not have the easiest to use online catalog, but their telephone people are very good and friendly. If I want to find it in stock and I need it fast, I call Moss. If it's extruded rubber or rebuild kits, I call TRF. If I'm looking for the lowest price I'll bring Victoria British into the hunt, plus their catalog is laid out the best IMO.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Thanks guys...some parts from the usual sources lack the quality I want, so I like to look offshore. I mentioned AHSpares earlier as a supplier for my Bugeye restoration and I found that they were about 10% of the cost for some body panels and a 90% price discount is nothing to sneeze at! They also supplied my interior and seat parts in its entirety for a shade of blue I could not find elsewhere for a great price. I just placed a large order with TRF and they do business so differently from Moss, BPNW, and VB that it made me question my decision to use them. I started receiving invoices from a third party for amounts that didn't make sense to me and when I called to verify the invoice I got a very curt answer. I'll check out Rimmer and Revington.
Rut

Foura

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
+1 for both Rimmer and Revington. Both been very helpful and have a good range of parts. While I was rebuilding my car, I ordered a seat belt from the manufacturer about 20 miles from home. On the same day I ordered a long list of parts from Revington. They took 5 days to deliver half way around the world including clearing customs. The seat belt took 3 weeks. What can I say?

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Guys, if it's a unusual part for a not so common car KIP MOTORS has parts for things like Cortina and even some for the Roadster 2000.

Wayne

Vila

Jedi Hopeful
I have used TRF, Moss, Rimmer Bros, lbcarco, VB and others. I have had good results with most, but personally feel VB provided lower grade parts for many items.

I'm not sure, but it seems like Little British Car Company (lbcarco) sells Moss parts, but at a lower price then Moss has them.

Have also used Green Spark Plug Co for my TR4 screw top coil and spark plugs for some of my other cars.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
I recommend Bastuck as well - if you speak German you will be in great shape, but you can call and get someone to help you with your order. I wish they distributed more in the US, they manufacture some unique parts for our Triumphs and have good quality.

Other over the pond resources I've used are Bresco for small clips and bits, and for vinyl and other trim supplies Woolies