• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Macy's Garage restoration done and having fun

59triumphtr3a

Freshman Member
I want to thank Mark, Tonda and the entire team at Macy’s Garage for the superb restoration of my TR3A. Their care, interest, expertise and friendship have been tremendous. I cannot recommend America's BEST Triumph Shop enough for anything you need done to your TR.

I’ve had my car for better than 33 years. It is my very first car. I learned to drive a manual transmission in it. Had to, I just bought one and had to get it home- in February about 90 minutes from home. Mom and I switched cars about half way home so I could warm up. When she took off I was like **** mom… I had to punch the car I was in to keep up. Nobody can’t help but have fun in them can they? Or was it she wanted to get home to warmth. Ok, both. I drove it about one year then parked it with the intention to restore it.

My whole interest in these cars came from my dad when he had one in the early seventies. I bought one about 10 years after that. I still have the jack ratchet handle from that car. I remember coming across it after the car was sold. I knew what it was and hung onto it. That is in my car now- a nice connection to dad’s car.

A quick story. I was about nine when we had dad’s car. I was stung by a bee. I wasn’t sure if I was having a reaction or not. My loving brother, 14 years old, drove me to the hospital in the car. Still not sure if he was concerned for me or wanted to drive the car. Ok, both.
My car has won an award already. But the biggest award goes to Macy’s Garage. I’ve been tooling around for about 3 weeks now. I’ve gotten a lot of thumbs up and “hey nice car.” Nobody has asked if it is a MG- phew.

Thanks Mark, Tonda and gang at Macy’s Garage. You helped a kid’s dream come true that I can now share with my wife Rhonda.
Ken

Attachments

• DSC_5537 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_5537 - Copy.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_5538 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_5538 - Copy.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_5541 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_5541 - Copy.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 145

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Congrats... Nice car and great memories. New memories are yet to be made!

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
It's a beauty. Nice stories too!

Cheers
Tush

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Great to hear of a TR restoration success story. Drive your 'new' car in good health!

Perrymip

Jedi Hopeful
Lovely stories.

And I suspect you went to exactly the right place. I had Macys build an engine for my TR3 and I feel like have the car back, driving fresh as it was in 1959.