• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My Grandson

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Very nice. Congrats to him!

Mechanical/Industrial Engineering with skills in mechanics and machining. I'd get along great with him!

(also, he's obviously getting the type of degree where he'll be able to get a *real* job)

My grandson and three granddaughters are a bit younger. :smile:

lbi-group-lin-nial-kids-2014.jpg

Attachments

• lbi-group-2014.jpg
    lbi-group-2014.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 15

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Congrats Paul! I just became a grandfather in November and what a joy it's been.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I always said that there is nothing like having grand children! You spoil them rotten and send them home! Best way I know to get even with your kids after all those years! :highly_amused:. Nial, seems like a natural gas equipment co is after him already! He's a real go getter, before going to OSU, he worked for an X-ray co, x-raying high pressure transmission lines. Quite a kid!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations Paul, OSU is a great university (it's also my alma mater).

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Interesting that he went to Oregon instead of Oklahoma

Go Beavers

Last edited:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nial said:
(also, he's obviously getting the type of degree where he'll be able to get a *real* job)

:iagree:

With that mag particle mention, is Sooner Pipe still in existence, Paul? They were a big customer of the steel company I (and my dad and grandad) worked for, for decades. Dad ran a Destructive Testing laboratory, I was NDT Quality Control for a few years. Mag particle, ultrasound and had AMF Tuboscope experience (mag resonance).

Dad would joke that he was technically trained and qualified to produce scrap for the company.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
AMF Tuboscope experience (mag resonance).

Doc- you may qualify as my healthcare provider the next time I'm scheduled for my colonoscopy :encouragement:
They don't call you "doc" for nothing :rolleyes2:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

With that mag particle mention, is Sooner Pipe still in existence, Paul? They were a big customer of the steel company I (and my dad and grandad) worked for, for decades. Dad ran a Destructive Testing laboratory, I was NDT Quality Control for a few years. Mag particle, ultrasound and had AMF Tuboscope experience (mag resonance).

Dad would joke that he was technically trained and qualified to produce scrap for the company.

Doc I really don't know. I'll ask my grandson next time I see him, as he's pretty much up on what's going on it the industry. PJ

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Be careful what you ask for Elliot. :censored::scared:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

Doc, Sooner pipe is still in business and have expanded to other areas. Here's a clip of the Tulsa pipe yard, look familiar? You can eliminate the snow, if it makes you feel better! :highly_amused: PJ

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Be careful what you ask for Elliot. :censored::scared:
You are right; the thought of doc pulling out his rusty tools makes me want to rethink the whole thing.