• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

100M For Sale RM Monterey

AH100M

Jedi Trainee
Wow, what's with the rear end height in the first photo?! Looks better in the view of the right side but might be an illusion. Otherwise, looks nice except for the mistakes (number plate lamp, etc., etc.).

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Looks like another 100M is going up for sale at RM in Monterey.

https://rmauctions.com/mo15/monterey/lots/1956-austin-healey-100-m-le-mans/1073473

Looks exactly like one done by Tom Rocke a year or 2 ago. Also, I find it very interesting that there seems to be a new 100M Registry out there. The "Rocke Registry of 100 "M" Le Mans Cars".

Curious.
Well, this may explain the "Rocke Registry": VERY similar car sold 2 years ago, restored by Tom and Randee Rocke of Healey Lane: https://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1060782

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
If it's not in Bill Meade's 100M Registry then his means nothing. Perhaps he can't get it accepted by Bill ???

red57

Jedi Knight
Country flag
What is with the black under the cockpit trim. Looks like fender welting or seat piping - never noticed that on a Healey before. Anybody else know?

AH100M

Jedi Trainee
That was one of the mistakes I alluded to above - no welting should be fitted to the aluminum (and it should be satin anodized) cockpit trim. Along with the incorrect hose clamps, unpainted rear shroud lower lip, other stuff. Interestingly I just tried to go to both RM listings to refresh my memory and neither one was available. Curious?

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Looked at the older listing from 2013 that John linked above. Back then had the correct color armacord - red- versus the incorrect black. Also had the 100M Registry dash plaque instead of that other one. A few warning bells going off on this, not real loud, but still ringing. Hope any potential buyers check with Bill Meade to see if it is still registered.

CLEAH

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Mike, the two cars are different--while they look almost identical (except for the dash plaques), their numbers are different.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Interesting, I could have sworn there was a full description of the car in Randy's link when I first looked at it, now it says to check back later for full description. Checking Bill Meade's registry online it shows one car listed to the Rockes, but for obvious reasons doesn't show a chassis number. This will sound funny coming from me, but I think certain Healeys need to be restored to original specs, 100Ms among them. I don't understand painting them in non-original colors.

BTW, my Nasty Boy has just been listed as entry #1 in "Rick's Registry" of BJ7s fitted with a Ford V8. :jester:

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Hugh,
Sure missed that they were two different cars. Figured same restorer just selling same car again with a few updates. Guess I better be more observant !!! I agree with Rick about keeping the cars in the original colors, Nasty Boys of course being exempt from that. BTW Rick, are you in a Nasty Boy club called "wheel spinners" ?
Regards,
Mike

AHBN1

Country flag
As a long time Healey 100 owner but a non-expert on the 100-M I have to say I wouldn't touch this car! I have spent some time looking at the photos of both cars and there are enough non-original items (such as the under bonnet chrome work, tall rear stance) that are the same on both. Is it too far fetched to think that someone purchased what they thought was a true 100-M 2 years ago, found it not to be and then used some original numbers from a true 100-M wreck to create a "new" 100-M and now selling to recoup costs? If so it would appear that just enough was done in the last two years to fix a few of the incorrect items (ie: boot armour cord, new signal indicator head...etc). I'd love to see if there are existing holes or holes repaired from the Brooklands aero screens. Again, not saying this is what has happened but it is quite curious.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Mike,

"The Wheelspinner" is the newsletter of the Modified Austin-Healey Registry, aka "Nasty Boys" Just to keep on subject, one of my favorite Nasty Boys belongs to Kent Lacy, who provided me with a great deal of assistance when I did my swap. Just to keep on subject, it runs a 289 Ford and if memory serves, it's a factory M :shocked: Kent resurrected it from a shell with no driveline so unless the original motor turns up someplace, it's probably staying the way it is:

R%20263.jpg