• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Whip-Its

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8987

I had no idea.
https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/dangerous-teen-craze-whip-making-comeback/story?id=16006130

Today I found (and it wasn't there Thursday) some trash that looked like CO2 cartridges...a lot of them. With a box, where they had been thrown into my hedge.

I used my bilge pickers (never touched them) to pick them out (maybe 15-20 of them) and place them in an empty 5-gallon bucket, along with the box.
My first thought was someone had been shooting CO2 pellet guns and dropped the empty cartridges....until I saw the box, which is Nitro Whip Cream Chargers....so I looked it up on-line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipped-cream_charger

Always something.
Dave

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
What next. Thanks for the info. I thought I was pretty savvy but didn't know about this.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Frankly, I think that ABC NEWS story is click bait. Of 12 million estimated users, two people died over a seven year period? More people die from drinking too much water. Clean bottled water.

OP
G

Frankly, I think that ABC NEWS story is click bait. Of 12 million estimated users, two people died over a seven year period?.

Yeah, what they didn't say was that those guys died from slipping on a greasy kitchen floor. :highly_amused:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
All I want to know is whether it's pronounced like Stewie says... "cool whhhiip."

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Had a buddy in college whose dorm roommate use to do whip-its. Cartridge whip creamers weren't common back then. He used regular whip cream cans that he left in his closet to go warm and flat.

So of course my friend used to reach into the guy's closet and shake up the can real good before he got back from classes.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Simple oxygen starvation of the BRAIN.

NOt vErY SmaRT.. :grey: :crazyeyes:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Geez, I remember when a whole bunch of "good kids" in High School got suspended for them...30 years ago. The running joke was that when you installed an NOS system in the car was that you'd put a splitter on it so that part of it goes to the motor and the rest goes to the passenger. From what I recall "engine quality" Nitrous Oxide had some kind of additive placed in it specifically so that people wouldn't take hits off of it.

Now...taking a "hit" directly off a helium tank versus a balloon could give you the squeaky voice for a lot longer, unless you passed out first.

OP
G

From what I recall "engine quality" Nitrous Oxide had some kind of additive placed in it specifically so that people wouldn't take hits off of it.

Sulfur and that started in the early 80's IIRC. I also believe this is where "NOS" comes from as I remember a name change when it went down. Yeah I know about the company with the same name but IIRC, the stuff with sulfur was listed as NOS and regular nitrous was N2O. I could be dead wrong too.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Had an e-mail chat with the local PD...asked if they wanted these for fingerprints. Apparently, since the push has been to legalize pot, they have ignored this stuff regulatory-wise. The guy I talked with had a room mate in college who died from the stuff, so he knows.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Any time you want to load up on this stuff, I'll be glad to oblige