• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sold my last bike yesterday :[

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well, it's official. I'm out of riding for at least the foreseeable future, likely permanent. Sold my Moto Guzzi V7 yesterday to a nice person in California, should be picked up in a week or so.

After my lowside off last summer I did some thinking and decided that it was time for me to hang up the helmet. Been a good, fun number of years of riding with lots of good memories, but it's time. I just don't ride enough to keep the skills sharp, and I do have other options now for vehicular fun.

At least I made enough off selling it to make a good dent in Penny's restoration costs, so there is that. :encouragement:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sorry to hear that your Goose has flown. Like you said though now you have a bit more money for Penny's resto.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
It's funny, the decision itself was easy, accepting was a lot harder. Tough to give up something I've enjoyed for as long as I have. Ah well, such is life. On to little cars instead.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I sort know the feeling. I mostly gave up riding street over 10 years ago and my motorcycle racing days ended 25 years ago (but I still have the scars)

I gave away my last real bike, a Honda FT500, that looked like ~THIS~ a couple of years ago.
One of my brothers has it and was going to do the Café Racer thing to it but has made very little progress.

I just sold my plane too.

But I still have the 40cc pit-bike I bring to the races! :encouragement:

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
I sold my '77 Bonneville 750 last week. A double yellow, up hill passing Dually truck two
years ago missed me by inches. Drove the Triumph home. Put it in the garage and covered it.
Had not kicked it over since. I got the message. Shame to let it just sit there too.
Dude I sold it to appreciates the bike and was about to pee on himself as we loaded
it on his Harley Davidson trailer.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Shipper picked up the bike last night, so it's fully gone now. Buyer seems really excited about it, and that does make me happy. Likely shouldn't get attached to these machines, but I do. Ah well, always a bit sentimental about these things.

On the positive side, it does feel good to be removing some things from my life. Fewer things to take my attention means more time for those things that are left. The BGT will be going as well later on this year for much the same reason -- time to have less and do more with what's left.

I sold my '77 Bonneville 750 last week. A double yellow, up hill passing Dually truck two
years ago missed me by inches. Drove the Triumph home. Put it in the garage and covered it.

Yikes! That one truck pulling out in front me certainly changed my mind on riding. Felt a bit like I'd used up my share of lives with no real consequence, maybe that was enough chances to take. :smile:

I sort know the feeling. I mostly gave up riding street over 10 years ago and my motorcycle racing days ended 25 years ago (but I still have the scars)

I gave away my last real bike, a Honda FT500, that looked like ~THIS~ a couple of years ago.
One of my brothers has it and was going to do the Café Racer thing to it but has made very little progress.

I just sold my plane too.

But I still have the 40cc pit-bike I bring to the races! :encouragement:

No more plane, that must be a big change. Things come and go, I suppose. I remember reading somewhere that our stuff can come to own us as much as we own it.

Someday I may pick up a little Honda Trail 90 for puttering around the local dirt roads. Did keep the motorcycle endorsement on my license (and will keep it permanently), just in case. Still, for now the Jeep is plenty fun for exploring, and it may get a soft top this year to add to the fun.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Access to my tool chests improved. My next clear out is the 20 foot center console fishing boat.
I need the parking space and I haven't launched in two years. Also cleared the basement and
two large closets. Even cleared some land around the house. Feels good to not be cluttered.
If I sold the wife's B my Sprite would have the spacious garage I built just for it.
;-)

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
If I sold the wife's B my Sprite would have the spacious garage I built just for it.
;-)
But would it still be spacious when you had to live out there after the sale?

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
But would it still be spacious when you had to live out there after the sale?

She still jokes about the mistake I made in putting the pot belly stove in the old cabin I restored on the property.
"Now I can kick you out in the dead of winter and not feel bad about it. You can live in the Cabin."
;-)