• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Whatisit? Do you know?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
A friend of mine sent me these pics of a British car but I can't identify it. It's English...It's got parts of Berkeley, Triumph, Austin Healey, and Daimler...???
Anybody know?

image1.JPG
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Surely it's a special? Beauty, they say, is in the eye of the beholder. I wish I hadn't beheld it!

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, I just found out what it is.... I'll let this run a little longer to see if anyone gets it. If not, I'll post what it is.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
MG Frogmaster 2000 (or equivalent)? :fat:

No, wait, a Triumph Platypus 9000?

Country flag
Well, whatever it turns out to be, I'd drive it! :driving:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Wait wait... now I have it. A large red sucker-fish made by Triumph.

Seriously, though, I think it is some sort of TR3 variant (with some other re-purposed bits).

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not Triumph based. It's got a Morris Minor 948cc engine and it was a prototype.
It will cost you big bucks Peter if you want to drive it... it's for sale.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Really looks like an early prototype of a bugeye sprite. It has a lot of features of the sprite, but highly distorted. After you saying it had the 948, that's my guess.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
But but... that DASH!

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There is some "possibility" that Healey had some involvement in this cars development but that has not been totally established yet.
Stand by for the reveal....

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Some kind of Turner?

Don't know about that but the car did spend some time in your neck of the woods. Here's a quote from some of the description:
"The car was seen in 1958 or 1959 by Larry Pearry at the Tucker Motor Company in Marblehead. MA. He recalls that the car was referred to locally as “the lobsta”.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK I'll post the link to reveal this car later but in the meantime I just watched the movie "Grumpy Old Men"... it's a good one