PDA

View Full Version : Wanted TR4-4A brake parts

ingpark1
10-07-2013, 06:49 AM
My early style "A" calipers have worn out and I would like to install the later type "C" calipers. I need to switch out the dust covers and caliper mounting plates, and the calipers themselves of course. I would appreciate any leads. Thx

TR3driver
10-07-2013, 10:12 AM
You'll probably need to grind the rotors down a bit too. The 'C' calipers are used with the 10-3/4 rotors. Might clear, depending on how the tolerances stack up; but might not.

BTW, it's not that hard to change seals & pistons, which are the only things that "wear out".

ingpark1
10-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks for your reply. The brake pads have "ears" that ride in a slot machined into the calipers. That slot has some serious divits worn in there for some reason and the pads get hung up and aren't allowed to move freely. I don't see how they can be repaired, that is why I thought to change to the pin style EBC pads, with slotted rotors.

trrdster2000
10-07-2013, 08:30 PM
I agree with Randell, if you are not going to buy new calipers, you would surely want to rebuild what ever you got, soooo , just do you old ones. If it's a problem or you need help, order the new pistons (4) and the rubber kits and when they get here, bring them down to Spencer and we will do it one afternoon.

Wayne