PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Superior Quality Pushrods (Smith Brothers)

DornTRoriginal
09-04-2013, 06:01 PM
There was a mix up in an order so I have a complete set (8) of 5/32 radius push rods for a TR3 or 4A length is 10 080. I will sell them for $55 plus shipping. They are sealed and ready for delivery. Please PM if you are interested.

TR3driver
09-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Must be some mistake. Even the 5/16" pushrods were too thin, let alone 5/32. I believe it was Kas Kastner (or maybe Ken G.) who said the 5/16" ones "looked like dancing spaghetti" under a strobe light.

DornTRoriginal
09-05-2013, 01:38 PM
ummm Randall great observation the rods are high quality 4130 Molly chrome the radius specified is 5/32 which I believe means the Diameter of the rods is 3/8 inch which is stronger, larger, than the original 5/16 inch rods that are weak and should not be used as stated by many. The overall length of these rods is 100 thousandths shorter than the original rod length to compensate for milling of the head the wall thickness of the rods is .049. Smith Brothers makes some of the best rods available.

BTW Ken G ordered these for me by mistake..... I ordered directly at the same time so this was a duplicate order in other words, these rods ARE THE REAL DEAL! Great for a TR engine that is being restored! It would be nice if someone was able to use them, better than having them just sit in the garage on a shelf!
Dorn