PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1960 Triumph TR3

twicemeasured
08-23-2013, 03:49 PM
I am finally wrapping up my TR3 project and have decided to sell it. The all too familiar story, need the space, daughter in college, wife growing impatient. I have the new parts list that is easier shared via email as well as photos that document the work done. I did the majority of the work myself with the goal of building a solid daily driver and not a factory restoration. This is a decent car to take to the next level or leave it as it is and enjoy the ride.

I rebuilt the engine with a 89 mm piston and sleeve set. The head was machined and hardened valve guides and seats installed. It has a hi-torque starter, GM alternator and spin on oil filter. I have SU H6 carbs with a stainless heat shield. An electric fan conversion was done and the original parts were kept. There is a new aluminum radiator as well all hoses and clamps.

All hydraulic systems were rebuilt and new plumbing was used. New shocks, tires, fuel tank, floor pans, battery box, inner and outer rockers, trunk pan, rear quarter panels/doglegs. The front suspension has new bushings, Trunions and components. The front fenders were patched with the lower panel from Moss Motors. 90% of the fasteners are new.

I used Advanced Auto Wire wiring harness upgrade with much heavier wire, relays and fuses.

The interior and paint is not a factory original. I used the color scheme I liked. The top is a new black, 3 window EzOn vinyl with a 6 yr. warranty. The side curtain have been reconditioned. New poly carbonate window that are scratch resistant with UV protection. The aluminum frames have been sanded and polished to look like chrome.

I currently have 200 miles on the rebuild as I venture further from home testing all systems to ensure it's road worthy. We have all been there with these types of projects where our material costs exceed our reason. This is no exception. I have documented parts and materials costs exceeding $12,000. I am asking $14,000.

As this is my first posting, please advise if I need to do something differently. Thanks for looking, Kyle

08-24-2013, 04:14 AM
all too familiar story, need the space, daughter in college, wife growing impatient.
As this is my first posting, please advise if I need to do something differently. Thanks for looking, Kyle

Yes, you most certainly do. Please follow the instructions below:

A.) Keep car.
B.) send wife off with daughter. :grin:

Potsie
01-08-2014, 03:16 PM
still for sale?

TRXJ6
03-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Still available ???

Thx, Rich in York, PA