PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1976 Midget

MichaelJones
07-16-2013, 04:05 PM
1976 MIDGET FOR SALE. Solid daily driver and great candidate for restoration. I’ve had the car for 10 years and drove it sparingly in the nice weather. Handed down to my teenaged son this past year when I acquired a ’62 MGA…the car I always wanted. He’s been driving it to and from school every day, but never in the rain or snow. Prior to handing down, we went through all of the wiring, replaced the battery and the starter motor, plugs, hoses, and belts. Car has electronic ignition and Weber carb…always fires up right away. Drips oil, as most old British cars do…diagnosed as seals needing replacement. Car needs paint and has a small spot of rust on one fender…not sure of inner rust although I do know that the floor panels are solid as I stripped the cockpit bare when I purchased the car…sealed and painted the sheet metal and installed a new carpet kit. Seats have aftermarket vinyl covers in good shape. Stereo/CD player with car, not currently installed. This is a great first car for someone interested in getting into classic British sports cars. Fun to drive and inexpensive to maintain. Looking to recoup my initial investment of $3,500, but price is negotiable.