PDA

View Full Version : unable to upload pictures - Java problem?

70herald
06-08-2013, 03:21 PM
HI I have been trying to upload a picture using either chrome or IE.
In chrome I press the "picture" icon and no response at all. I went through all the fun of making sure that Java was up to date, and according to the Java website it is working on my computer.

In IE I get to the stage where I can choose the file, but then when I press the upload button, nothing happens..
Any ideas?

NutmegCT
06-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Step one: are you using the "Enhanced WYSIWYG" BCF setting?

When I stopped using it, I lost several upload features.

Let us know if you need help in checking that WYSIWYG setting.

Tom

Basil
06-08-2013, 08:16 PM
It looks like you are using the enhanced WYSIWYG editor (to double check go "settings" >> General Settings >> scroll down to the Editor choices.)

Do you have a fire wall or any security software installed?

70herald
06-09-2013, 02:10 PM
LOL Tom and Basil are making exactly the opposite suggestions :excitement:

Anyway going from the enhanced WYSIWYG editor to the less enhanced editor solved the problem.
Thanks

NutmegCT
06-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Aha! Just proves there's strength in numbers!

Anyway, glad you got the problem fixed.

So now ... where are your pictures? :congratulatory:

Basil
06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Are you using Internet Explorer 10? There is a known bug with IE10 that should be resolved when I get around to upgrading the forum s/w

70herald
06-10-2013, 03:13 AM
I normally use Chrome but when things don't work I try IE (this most happens with Hebrew websites which seem to be build to run just on IE, probably because supporting right to left text causes all sorts of strange problems), and I think my home laptop has IE10 but then I almost never use it.

NutmegCT
06-10-2013, 06:57 AM
So the problem occured while using Chrome?

Hmmm - I use Chrome, latest update, no problem here using enhanced WYSIWYG. Suggestion: Go to Settings, Advanced Settings, Content Settings. What do you have chosen for JavaScripts? for Plugins? for Popups?

Tom