PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Tonneau Cover Bar for 1960 BT-7

Bobbee44
04-10-2013, 02:58 PM
I cannot believe it. I have exhausted Healey Surgeons' stock of tonneau cover bars and each has been too thick to fit in the tonneau bar holes in my car. The BJ-8 one is massive; however, the one marked BT-7 is too fat as well. If someone has or knows where I can secure a "skinny" tonneau bar, I would certainly appreciate hearing.

Bob

Keith_M
04-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi Bob,
This is really strange because the one they sent me fit perfectly.

You're not trying to fit it in the wrong holes are you? The tonneau bar goes into the same holes as the top bows. The smaller holes towards the front of the car are for the hard top I think.

Keith

Bobbee44
04-18-2013, 03:16 PM
keith:

Oops! Seems as though I may have been using the incorrect holes. I will give it another go using the top bow holes. All this is new to me...it's been since 1963 when my 100-4 and I parted ways, and this new fangled BT-7 is way too sophisticated.

Thanks,

Bob

Keith_M
04-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi Bob,
I know the feeling. My BT7 was a complete basket case and had with no interior when I started my restoration. Trying to figure out how things went together was quite a challenge, and I made a lot of silly mistakes. I wasn't part of this forum back then (although I wish I had been!), but I found a few folks not too far away with similar cars who let me take pictures of their cars.

I have lots of pictures from my restoration, and there are lots of other helpful people on this forum. Don't hesitate to ask questions!

Keith